Re: Poor Coverage and Getting Worse
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to get the best signal possible, EADR! We have sent you a Private Note to continue to assist.-Nikki

0 Likes
Frankie0210
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are in Indiana and stayed with Verizon for over 20 yrs but we constantly have one bar and horrible service anymore. Also considering changing companies due to drastically declining service. 

KJC4043
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem in Hunterdon County NJ and getting worse. More and more dead zones which used to have good coverage.  in 1997 I switched from AT&T to Verizon because of coverage and consistency of service.  Perhaps it is time to look elsewhere.  

It's a shame, we pay premium dollar for the expectation for superior service, but it seems Verizon is mailing it in. 

Perhaps it is time to look elsewhere.  T-Mobile?

jfpoje
Enthusiast - Level 2

While I appreciate the general information, it is not applicable to our situation.  First, my desk at work is literallly next to a window and my phone won't ring there.  Second, there are only a handful of places OUTSIDE my workplace where I can get a clean, reliable signal for voice or data.  Third, there is at least one stretch of road between my work and home where my calls drop if I'm on the phone while driving through.  Fourth, it's the same situation at my home.  I have to stand in certain places inside and OUTSIDE my house just to get a signal, and if I'm on a call I can't walk around at all or the voice signal breaks up or drops completely.  So, it would appear that Verizon has just decided that the west suburbs of Chicago are not worth having enough cell tower coverage, or is not maintaining the ones that are here adequately.  This has been getting progressively worse over the past 2 years I would say.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jfpoje, we never want you to struggle with a signal. While you are indoors, are you using Wi-Fi for calling, texting and data? This is a great indoor coverage solution that we recommend when indoors. -Alicia

0 Likes
EADR
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is EXACTLY the experience I am having in the city of San Francisco. I am so curious what has happened... thanks for chiming in!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want to lose a member of our Verizon Wireless family. What ZIP Code are you experiencing this issue in? *Estevan

0 Likes
lmrichmond01
Enthusiast - Level 1

Raleigh, NC - and I have no service in or around my office building.  No other Verizon customer has service regularly either.  I can't even receive or make telephone calls the service is so poor.

For the cost of Verizon services, I would expect better coverage.  Seriously, I am in downtown Raleigh - the state Capital.  

I agree it is time to change companies.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure you have the service you need and pay for is important to us lmrichmond01. I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing problems but we are here to help. What is your zip code where you're having problems? How long have you had issues? How is service at home and other places you frequent and are other lines on your account having any service issues? 

-Kinquana

0 Likes
UnhappyCamper1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same exact problem. I’m in area code 94114 Noe Valley. I’m a new customer but life is too short to deal with this. I just paid off my phone and will be switching as soon as I get it unlocked. If Verizon can’t have acceptable service in SF it makes you wonder.