Poor Coverage in Castro and Mission Districts of San Francisco
perceptron
Enthusiast - Level 1

I see a number of threads have been opened about this issue dating back years. 

I live in the Mission/Dolores Heights/Castro (zip: 94114) area and work in Potrero Hill/SOMA area. I have constant poor connectivity on my iPhone 12 Pro, usually one or two bars, and frequent (3-5x per week) dropped calls. 

The problem persisted after upgrading last year from iPhone X to iPhone 12 Pro, and switching to eSIM did not fix it. I recently had to replace the iPhone with a completely new unit, which also has this issue. 

It's been an issue with iOS 13, 14 and 15 (beta). 

I gather this is not my account configuration or devices, but poor network quality especially around the Dolores Park area (even without crowds). Is there a plan to remedy this or will I need to switch back to AT&T?

Re: Poor Coverage in Castro and Mission Districts of San Francisco
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Perceptron, thank you so much for those details. We'd be sad to see you leave the Verizon Wireless family for something different. Can you please provide me with some more details. About how far would you need to travel before you can pick up better service? Do you notice is service issues are happening at certain times of the day? Please keep us posted. 

0 Likes
rejack12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello Verizon Customer Service Rep - A lot of Verizon users are unable to make a phone call and send/receive text messages in the Castro Area. Any plan to remedy this poor coverage issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to let us know you're experiencing this issue as well. So we can streamline some troubleshooting we will be sending a Private Note. 

-Melissa

0 Likes
rejack12
Enthusiast - Level 1

You can use this Bar as the address: Toad Hall - Address: 4146 18th St, San Francisco, CA 94114.

Tags (1)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'd like to help and find the root cause of the issues. I'll be sending you a Private Note, please reply to it, so we can get started. 

~Maria

0 Likes