Poor Customer Service
WLB1

I had an accident with my phone on Thursday, March 10, 2021. The phone is inoperable, and there wasn't a way for me to call customer service. I emailed asking for help with obtaining a new phone through my Verizon account. The only responses I have received are "need more information." First of all, I am a human being and will need to know what information is needed. Second of all, I use my phone for work and was losing valuable time.

Next, I used the Live Chat and spoke with Kevin who helped generate a new phone order. Kevin promised that I would receive the phone on Friday, March 11, 2022. The phone has not arrived. I did receive tracking information from FedEx indicating the phone will be delivered today, Monday 14th. 

Then, I emailed customer service again... as I can't make or receive phone calls with a broken phone and requested that my account be credited with the difference I paid for Overnight shipping vs two day shipping, obviously I am not receiving Overnight shipping since the new phone is arriving three days later. 

This morning, I received a response to my email "need more information" and does not specify what. I am hesitant in providing information unless I know that the system is not a bot and my information will be secure. 

I'm am very frustrated as I need the new phone for work. I paid extra for the Overnight shipping and did not receive it. I have been a long time customer of Verizon for over 20 years, and I have been treated better in the past. If I knew I wouldn't get the phone on Friday, I would have made an appointment to go into the Store for the new phone.  

As of now, I hope the new phone shows up today as promised. I need the phone for work, and the inconvenience has cost valuable time. Now, I'm stuck and frustrated. 

The one thing I would like the customer service people know is that there are human beings on the other end of the line and we should be treated as the representative would like to be treated. The short lower case sentences might be okay for Millennials and peers, but not so much for higher level professionals. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Poor Customer Service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WLB1, we regret to learn that you didn't receive your new phone when anticipated. You indicated that you emailed us however we currently do not have a customer support team that functions via email as we switched over from email to chat and Social Media support (Facebook and Twitter) about a decade ago for same day support. We also monitor the community forums posted here which can take up to 48 hours for a response. Regarding your order, what time was your order placed on Thursday (as shown by your order confirmation email received as soon as your order had the Terms and Conditions accepted)?

-Genesis

0 Likes
WLB1

Thanks for responding. I used the email/support requests through MyVerizon and I selected email as a preferred contact. If that is no longer a function, why is still on the website?

This was one of the support ticket numbers that was commenced on March 10th:j MR-443315133-WOI.

The Order number is 4817070. During the live chat with Kevin, two links were generated as one timed out. 

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Wendy

0 Likes
WLB1

verizon screen shot.png

0 Likes
WLB1

When I did the live chat with Kevin through the site apart from the support tickets (as I wasn't getting anywhere there), I asked him if I could get the phone tomorrow. He replied "Sure." This mislead me to believe that I would be receiving the phone on Friday. 

Another area of concern with this is that the second link he sent contained a unit number with the shipping address. I asked if it could be changed, and he said once it was done, it was done and couldn't be corrected. 

FedEx has indicated that it will be delivered before Noon today.  I'm optimistic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Wendy, hope you and your family are doing well   Thank you for reaching out to us with your concern.,  We are  happy to help you get this matter resolved.  Can you please send us a Private Message, so we can begin? 

*Lisa

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the visual, Wendy.  Just to gain  clarity, is the order for accessories? 

*Lisa

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information.  Just to gain clarity, you have the tracking information, do not provide it here.  If so, have you reviewed it? 

*Lisa

0 Likes
WLB1

Hi, Lisa. Can you send me a link to "private message" you.? I haven't had much luck using this site for support. I really feel like I'm going around and around in circles. 

0 Likes
WLB1

No, the order was for a new Moto Edge 5G UW phone as my old phone the Moto Z3 is inoperable. due to an accident The order was placed last Thursday through "Kevin" via the chat in the lower right hand portion of the screen. "Kevin" indicated that I could receive the order the next day. There was no mention of a timing deadline, which I found in the FAQ section after the fact.

I use my phone for work and was out one for a total of three and a half days. 

The new phone did arrive on Monday per the FedEx tracking information. 

To recap:

I had an accident with my phone last Thursday. I attempted troubleshoot the issue using the support/ticket option on the site. When I wasn't getting anywhere there, I proceeded to use the live chat in the bottom right hand of the screen. I chatted with "Kevin."

I specifically asked if I could receive the phone on Friday. Kevin answered in the affirmative "Sure" and I was led to believe the new phone would arrive on Friday. It had not. My receipt said "shipped."

After the phone did not arrive as promised and I paid the Overnight fee, I received tracking information that the phone would arrive on Monday, which it did. I'm very happy with the new phone and have been able to catch up with work. 

My issue is thus: the customer service rep, "Kevin" who assisted me with the new order for a phone misrepresented to me that the new phone would arrive on Friday. There was no disclosure of a timing cutoff for shipping and no discussion on timeframe options if my request could not be met. I paid for overnight shipping and received the product three days later, not overnight. 

0 Likes