Poor Customer Service
trolleypro

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this but I bought my first phone through Verizon yesterday under the impression I was subscribing to the $45 plan that I first saw advertised at the start of the year (250MB data, unlimited talk/text). Two different representatives confirmed this plan was still available so I picked a phone and proceeded with the transaction. While ringing up the items, the rep spoke to another employee who was assisting and said I was opting for the $45 monthly plan which allayed any fears that may have been lingering. At no point during the transaction was I afforded the chance to look at what I was signing for, and in hindsight I should have been more forceful and demanded confirmation of what was actually going on. It was only when I got home and checked my receipt that I found I had been signed up to a $55 monthly plan with a few extra surcharges. I went back this morning and spoke with the same rep and asked him what had happened. He said he had signed me up for the $45 plan but it must have diverted me to this other plan by default as he had found out just that morning the $45 option was no longer in effect?! I did some more research and there are forums saying this plan was thrown out two weeks ago, in which case surely the representative should know this/did know this yet tried to claim he found out this morning, which seems a bit of a coincidence. I explained, although hardly breaking the bank, this was outside of my budget so would have to return it, at which point he charged me a restocking fee and for the screen covers that couldn't be returned, so over $50 in total. It really leaves a terrible first impression of this company that I am charged for the customer sales rep making a mistake and failing to inform me about it and I certainly shan't be considering becoming a Verizon customer again as things stand.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor Customer Service
Not applicable

You never leave the store without checking that long paper receipt. In any case the device returned will incur the $35 restocking fee. And let's be fair screen protectors cannot be returned since they really are used.

It is always good to have the print out of the plan you desire. This way if the web site has it then you know it is still available.

If we as consumers are wary we fair much better.

Good Luck

0 Likes
trolleypro

I appreciate the good luck, although I know the situation has pretty much been put to bed already. Certainly a lesson in being less naive and less trusting of the sales representatives.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You can say that again!

0 Likes