Poor Reception
Dydrmer316

we recently moved from the San Francisco bay area to aurora, Colorado. we have notice a significate drop in cellular range even though there is a large cell tower less than a mile from us. do you guys come out to do range checks? our zip code is 80016 cell tower is at corner near smoky hill rd and e-470. people we have met since moving here said Verizon range used to be great until about 1 1/2 years ago then it sharply dropped off.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor Reception
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dydrmer316, we truly understand how important it is to make sure you have reliable service in your new home area. We will have the opportunity to submit a Network trouble ticket once we gather more details of your concern. Please allow us to further investigate. Can you please clarify if your services are impacted indoors opposed to outdoors? Also, what services are you having concerns with (calls, data, text)?

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

How do you know that the large cell tower near you is a Verizon tower and not an AT&T tower?

0 Likes
Dydrmer316

indoors and outdoors, range is poor two bars at most, i have iphonhe 5s wife has iphone 6s plus ipad 4 with wireless card. as for the tower i have no idea whos it is it is a huge tower with many transmitters on

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Many transmitters doesn't mean many carriers. It literally could be an AT&T tower. If you're that close and you don't have full bars then it is probably not transmitting VZW network.

Also, number of bars doesn't always equal slow data connection. Number of bars is really an indication of how strong the radio frequency is. You can have 2-3 bars and still have fast data speeds. Think of it like the WiFi in your home. If you're connected to the WiFi nut the router is at the opposite end of the house, you will still get the speeds but you might drop the connection if you are too far or there are too many obstacles (walls) in between the device and the router. The speed of the connection depends on how many devices are trying to utilize it. Like traffic on the highway. The more users the slower the speed.

0 Likes
Dydrmer316

well there is a large mall here, large residential neighborhood, maybe good idea to strengthen your signal here

0 Likes
Dydrmer316

I know how WIFI and wireless work, i also know that range was exceptional until we move here. its not like i live out in the boonies we are in the middle i a downtown area. i also know most people equal slower speed but i pretty darn sure the San Francisco bay area was more congested than where i am in Aurora, Colorado

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There might also be fewer towers in Aurora, CO than San Francisco.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Dydrmer316

indoors and outdoors, range is poor two bars at most, i have iphonhe 5s wife has iphone 6s plus ipad 4 with wireless card. as for the tower i have no idea whos it is it is a huge tower with many transmitters on

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can look it up on AntennaSearch - Search for Cell Towers, Cell Reception, Hidden Antennas and more. and find other towers in the area.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes