Poor Service at Philadelphia International Airport
johnnyjr79

Good Afternoon,

I am reaching out to hopefully get better service at the Air Traffic Control Tower at the Philadelphia international airport.  We are located across the airport from the terminal.  Inside and outside (to an extent) our building we have poor service.  Inside is absolutely horrible, 2 bars LTE at the best.  Is there a way that Verizon maybe able to boost our signal or help us out?

John

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Poor Service at Philadelphia International Airport
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might have to work with the airport's business rep from Verizon Wireless to determine the appropriate solution for the location whether they be commercial strength boosters or micro cell tower within the building.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Doesn't the airport have all kinds of other equipment that interferes with the cell signal? Also, don't cell phones interfere with the operation of airplanes? I mean, every flight I have been on all passengers are required to put their phones into airplane mode or turn them off. So I am confused why we would want to increase cell service around these highly sensitive airplanes.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might have to work with the airport's business rep from Verizon Wireless to determine the appropriate solution for the location whether they be commercial strength boosters or micro cell tower within the building.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

johnnyjr79, It's important that you have the best speeds everywhere. How long has this been going on? What happens when you try to browse the internet? What is the zip code there?

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
johnnyjr79

The zip code is 19153

Browsing can take for ever I currently have one bar LTE and I am right by a window.

This has been an issue for at least 5 years (this is how long I've been working here)

Feel free to use my home email and cell phone number as I have limited access to my Coast Guard Account.

0 Likes
joelr_vzw
Verizon Employee

johnnyjr79, Together we will find the best options for your service issues. We are not showing reports for that area currently. However, I know you indicated this has been going on for a long time. It's very possible that you do have equipment that does interfere with your signal, but we will make sure you have the best provisioning. Do you have problems with calls or texts? Please run a speed test and share the results.

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
johnnyjr79

I would say that texts are okay but calls can be difficult and drop often.

The speed test I just ran download was 1.88 up load was 5.49.

John

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is definitely good to know. Thanks for sharing that information. As mentioned, getting strong and consistent signal in or outside of airports can be tricky at times. There is so many different types of communication equipment there that can weaken the signal strength. The only way I see this getting better is if the Airport works with a business rep and work out a deal to get some signal boosters on site or in the vicinity. Here is an accessory you may want to pass on to management that may help with the indoor issue: http://vz.to/23GJzth .

AnthonyM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes