Poor Service in Ely, NV
Lloydifer

I currently live in Ely, NV and the Verizon reception where I live is very poor. If I go to other parts of my rural city I get great Verizon speeds. I did a speedtest on my phone (with the Speedtest app) at the north of my city and I am getting 0.02 Mbps download 6.22 Mpbs upload. This is where I live and work. I've already called Verizon and they say there are no notified problems in my area. At work others say they also have problems getting their cell phones to work. I am not the only one. Apparently, it seems there is a certain tower that is not working in our area. On the speedtest app it says it's the Infowest Saint George, Ut tower that is giving me these slow speeds. If I go to the south of my city within a few minutes and do another speedtest I get 21.3 Mbps download and 15.8 Mbps upload. The Speedtest app shows I'm getting these speeds from the Direct Communications Eagle Mountain, Ut tower. Am I missing something, or is there something else going on? Why can't Verizon see problems with their network?

IMG_0554.PNG

IMG_0556.PNG

IMG_0555.PNG

Labels (1)
0 Likes