Poor Service
SuperHawk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Service in zip code 28747 is terrible. It has worked inyears past,  but now I have to be on WiFi in airplane mode to send simple text messages. I am changing carriers. Voice and data services have been compromised. 

0 Likes
Re: Poor Service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to be able to send texts, Superhawk. How long has your service been like this?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
VerizonFails

I am in Mid Michigan, at my summer home. For the past 10 years I have not had any trouble with cell service and managed to convince all my siblings (we are all retired professionals) to change to Verizon so that we would have cell access during the summer. Last year , we were so pleased with Verizon, we had our land line removed. BIG MISTAKE!!! This year we have virtually no cell service and  cannot reach each other, our physicians or even Verizon by phone. If I drive 4 miles in to Au Gres I can get service, but sitting in 90 deg. heat to make a call is most annoying. 
What has Verizon done that deleted al the service on the shore line? Is there a remedy or do all 10 of us have to find a new cell provider.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, my. We would never want to lose your preference, and we absolutely understand that having access to reliable service is a must. We'd love to find out what's going on right away.

Please tell us, what is your zip code and nearest intersection? What signal (LTE, 3G, 1x, No Service) do your devices display in this area? Have there been any changes to area such as new construction or foliage?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
CLIFFWADDINGTON1

I have the same issue in 28747 zip code.  Summer home for 15 years without issues.  All our friends that are AT&T users could not get service.  Now, summer of 2020, we can't get a good signal.  Verizon, you need to fix it.

0 Likes
CLIFFWADDINGTON1

I have the same issue in 28747 zip code.  Summer home for 15 years without issues.  All our friends that are AT&T users could not get service.  Now, summer of 2020, we can't get a good signal.  Verizon, you need to fix it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want you to be able to enjoy your summer home and use your phones the way you need to. Taking a look at the area, the coverage is there and we don't have any reports of service issues. How far away from this area do you have to go before you notice an improvement? Where does this happen (indoors, outdoors, etc)?

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes
SuperHawk
Enthusiast - Level 2

A couple of months. Your rep at the Brevard store was very aware. You have many disgruntled customers. 

0 Likes
SuperHawk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, you have at least one report. I spent an hour of my life on a rainy morning on the phone with Verizon techs. Your representatives at the Brevard, NC store are very aware of the problem as I stopped there the let them know. They said they have been aware for a coue of months and were not sure when the towers would be checked out and fixed.  So don't pretend like you don't know. That's like the apathetic reps I had on the phone who expressed the attitude of "so what".

0 Likes
SuperHawk
Enthusiast - Level 2

believe us, the service has diminished greatly

0 Likes