Poor cell phone coverage
cetiger

Over the last four to six months, our Verizon cell signal at our house has gone from excellent to absolutely horrible.   We are very patient people and don’t get frustrated very easily but this has become ridiculous.  I was just on the phone with my best friend that just moved away and within 15 minutes, my call dropped 5 times.  You might think that I live in the middle of nowhere but that would be wrong.  I live within a 0.25 mile of a large elementary school, a mile and a half or so from a fairly large regional airport, less than 2 miles from a Verizon store as a crow flies and really close to a cell phone tower and there are large developments all around us.  I just don’t get it.  I have been a loyal customer of Verizon for over 20 years but if this does not change, we will be forced to change phone carriers.   This is not only a convenience issue but a safety issue as well.  Almost everyone in our neighborhood and adjoining neighborhoods have cancelled their landline service because up until recently, there was no reason to have one.  Verizon, please help us!!

0 Likes
Re: Poor cell phone coverage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have reliable service. Please private message us, so that we may further assist. 

0 Likes
Bnapp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same in Kentucky, places I've always had full bars now no bars. Very irritating.

0 Likes
EricMReid2972
Enthusiast - Level 1

research first! I just did the same thing after 17 years with ATT. months of poor signal and dropped calls. cruddy customer service. 
The Verizon guy heard my story said there wouldn’t be a problem. HOURS AGO I switched.  2 bars

0 Likes
Bnapp
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tried switching towers and didn't help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do apologize that you are having any issues with the services. This is not the experience that we want for you to have. Please tell me what exactly are you experience with the services? 

0 Likes
Zhan1

My neighborhood in Baltimore, MD is also experiencing very low to no signals depending on where you are. The cellmapper website shows that we aren't getting coverage from nearby towers. How do we get help in getting this corrected?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we are sad to read you are having signal issues. When did the problem start? What recent changes have occurred? What exactly happens when you try to use the service? ~Gilbert

0 Likes
mataa

We had great cell signal strength for 10 years and now it is awful in a large area around our home where it affects our neighbors as well. Neighbors and my wife have identical issues. Calling in to Pre-paid Level 2 tech support is an ORDEAL. I have spent 2 hours on the phone TWICE in 10 days and each time I must get through 20 to 45 minutes of level 1 time wasting in order to do so. Level 2 folks are nice but approximately 6 hours, dozens of reboots, having my account info changed without my consent, etc.... so far in this pursuit, all I now have is a ticket number as of this morning. It is as if no one at Verizon can imagine that Verizon's network could be at fault. So we are put through a gauntlet if we speak up. It would be far more pleasant to just leave and take our business elsewhere.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! Thank you for those details. We will be sending you a Private Note shortly.*Bryan

0 Likes