Poor coverage Long Island, New York
sg1234563
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the past few months I have no cell services on Northern Boulevard between Mineola Avenue and Cedar Swamp Road in New York Nassau County.. I switched to Verizon because their coverage was the best in the area. I have had t mobile and ATT previously. Clearly they have towers that no longer work and have not been fixed. I’m thinking of switching back to ATT. Can Verizon fix this issue? 

0 Likes
Re: Poor coverage Long Island, New York
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know it's important to have the best service available to you. We are here to help. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?*Rebecca

0 Likes
sg1234563
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have reset phone and network settings. It is clearly a Verizon issue because phone works perfect in other areas. This area was always good but stopped a few months ago. It is a heavily travelled road I use everyday. If not fixed soon I will need to switch carriers. You should send technicians to investigate the towers in that area. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hearing that you're experiencing service issues in Long Island, NY, is very concerning, as Verizon has strong network service coverage there. We also know that Long Island, NY has multiple zip codes and we'll need your help to narrow down the area(s) where you're experiencing coverage issues. We thank you for the troubleshooting you've already done (e.g., reset network settings for your device)

Let's dig deeper into this matter. Are you experiencing service issues while indoors, outdoors, or both? Have there been any recent changes with your Device? (e.g., software update, new apps downloaded, recent SIM Card change, etc.) -Robert C.

0 Likes
akamccarthy

Same....I live in Mineola and always had great coverage.  My new high rise apartment has horrible service but also in places like Old Country Road and Glen Cove Road and other areas in Nassau County.  

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

For assistance with your connectivity issues, send us a Private Message.

*Whitney

0 Likes