Poor coverage all of a sudden?
Rickster8800
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone else noticed a massive degradation of service coverage for cell, 4g and 5g recently? I have a Galaxy S20 smartphone and use to have great coverage but over the past couple months I'm constantly dropping calls and losing internet access in places I am sure I had them before. Like right now sitting in my home I have one cell bar and can't even complete a call without using wifi calling. I would know if I had never been able to because I wouldn't have gone with Verizon 11 years ago if I couldn't make a call from my house. I noticed the other day traveling a road I drive every week or so that I kept dropping calls and I also lost my navigation when I needed to make a detour. What's going on Verizon? I pay your premium price for premium coverage. If I wanted no coverage I would go to T-mobile and get no coverage for a lot less money.

Re: Poor coverage all of a sudden?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh,no! Dealing with service issues can certainly be a headache, especially if it's been happening for the past couple of months. Let's cure that migraine. What recent changes have occurred (moved, phone upgrade, software update, etc.)?  Who else is experiencing this problem (other account user, friend, family, coworker, neighbor, etc.)?  ~Gilbert

0 Likes
Rickster8800
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Gilbert. No changes other than the usual phone upgrades. Issue seems to affect myself, my brother and my mother. We use different model phones but all live in the same area and all use Verizon. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for those additional details Rickster8800. We can understand how important your service is and we want to help with looking into this matter for you. How far away do you have to be from the area before your service improves?-Candice

0 Likes
Rickster8800
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are dead spots on roads I travel frequently now. There is almost no coverage at my house or my mom's house anymore. I usually have to go in to town about 5 miles away before I get steady coverage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note. *Rebecca

0 Likes