Poor coverage in 83871
H2opololea
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello - I live in 83871. The coverage map implies I should have great service, but I have none. I am roaming the entire time I am home. This causes:

• Dropped calls
  • Missed calls/incoming calls being directed to VM
  • Failed regular text messages
  • Complete inability to send any media (e.g., pictures) via text unless the other user is an iPhone user

I have to use Wi-Fi calling to make any calls from my house, which is concerning if power goes out and there is an emergency. This has been the case since I moved to my home in February of 2020. My phone works fine in other areas, including the nearest town (83843), and I appreciate Verizon's reliability when I am not home.

Verizon has been informed by multiple people that live in the area and nothing has changed. Please address this issue; the roaming service does not seem to allow me to do anything.

Re: Poor coverage in 83871
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

H2opololea, we apologize for the issues you are having with your service. I rely on my service to work at all times, so I know how vital it is for you to have service where you need it most. We will be pleased to help you. Which iPhone model do you use? Are the issues you are experiencing happening all over the 83871 Zip Code?  

-Jacob

0 Likes
H2opololea
Enthusiast - Level 2

I currently use the iPhone 13 Pro. Previously I used the iPhone 11 Pro. My husband also has a 13 Pro and an iPhone 11 and previously had an iPhone 8. None work.

The issues happen everywhere within 83871 and up until you enter 83843 (there is no coverage between the towns).

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

H2opololea, it is alarming that the issue is happening all over the Zip Code you provided. We want to take a closer look into the issues you are having with your service, so we can find a solution.I sent you a Private Message, please reply to the Private Message at your earliest convenience. 

-Jacob

0 Likes
WanderingWags
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am an Android user and experience the same poor service.   This area is a recreation corridor, with extensive off road bike and hiking paths and a lake that attracts a lot of visitors but service is very poor and is ironically the worst right in town.  Thats right the 2nd largest town in the county can barely get a text msg out from downtown.  

Lately everything is roaming only, with many places were service drops between Troy and Moscow which is the county seat.

It is a shame that Verizon can't offer decent service in this zip code. It puts customers like myself at a real disadvantage in an emergency situation.

Learles
Enthusiast - Level 1

We also live just outside of Troy, ID, and have to keep a landline because we can’t make calls from inside our house. We have to stand outside on our deck to make cell calls, and lately that rarely even works. Calls either don’t go through or are dropped. Even texting is hit or miss at times. I have an IPhone 6s (yes, yes, I know…), and my partner has a 13 mini. We both have the same issues, which actually seem to have gotten worse in the past year.

0 Likes
Jeshi5677

I get hardly any service In all of 83871. If I am able to get a signal, is usually 1 bar and more times than not it’s on Extended LTE. 

for the past two months, my phone rarely even connects to the Verizon network when I drive into 83843, when I’ve never had problems before. I can only use my phone on WIFI when home in 83871. And I have been beyond frustrated that my phone hasn’t been connecting to the network in 83843, when there is a tower less than a mile from where I work. 

I have an iPhone 11 Pro — and what would be phenomenal is if Verizon put a tower in our town. Would help justify the costs of the plan we are paying for if we could use our devices at home. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have excellent service. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send a Private Note for assistance. *Melissa

0 Likes
DavefromIdaho

I have Verizon service and have zero service downtown/park or at home. The only way I can make calls at home is through my hard lined WiFi

0 Likes
TXRNCandice

Also an Android user, Samsung S22.   No service in several areas, specifically along Highway 8 as it crosses from zip code 83843 into 83871 and in multiple areas around the 83871 zip code.  Disappointing to have been a Verizon customer for 20 plus years in several other states, and to move here and not have service.  

Remember the commercial, Can you hear me now?  I feel like we are living it it real time out here in this area.

0 Likes