Poor coverage in Newton MA
Iphone6171

I just switched to Verizon wireless after years of Sprint. The coverage in my neighborhood is terrible! We had to buy an LTE booster in order to make calls from our house. Calls drop constantly when I'm walking or driving in the neighborhood. The reception on work cell phone - which is on the Verizon business network - is just fine. Can anyone explain? Or better yet explain how to get Verizon to fix it?

0 Likes
Re: Poor coverage in Newton MA
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Iphone6171, we apologize for the issues you are having with your service. I rely on my service to work at all times, so I know how vital it is for you to be able to use your service. Especially in your neighborhood.  Do not worry. We can work together to get it back on track. When did the issue begin? What is the make/model of your device?  

-Jacob

0 Likes
Iphone6171

It's an iPhone 12

0 Likes
Iphone6171

We've had the issue since we switched to Verizon in July.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Iphone6171, awesome phone. Please share a screenshot that shows the software that's installed on the phone. Settings > General > Software update. 

-Jacob

0 Likes
Iphone6171

I just noticed update 15.7 is available. Should I do that?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, Iphone6171. Excellent question. Phone manufacturers create software updates to improve the performance and security of the phones. We recommend that you always update your phone's software version as soon as a new version is available.

Have a fabulous day!

-Antonio

0 Likes
Iphone6171

I updated my phone. My cell coverage in my neighborhood is still terrible. Does Verizon have a solution or do I need to switch carriers?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning! Thanks for contacting us on Social Media. We always want to make sure you have the best connection on America's Largest network.
Of course, the connection speeds may vary. Please follow and DM for any help with service. We are here for you 24/7!

*Heather

0 Likes