Poor coverage
kevco67
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have pm'd verizon customer support several times over a 3 week period, haven't heard anything back yet. Have terrible coverage in my town and the adjacent town zip 28163. Land is fairly flat, no giant sky scrapers ect. Barely have one bar of 4g. Dropped calls ect. I would get rid of my land line if service would improve. Wife and I have s20+ phones. I plan to ask people in my community to see if they have a different carrier to see what kind of service they are getting. 

0 Likes
Re: Poor coverage
mama23dogs
Legend

It is 100% on us customers to choose a carrier that provides coverage that is adequate for our needs. If Verizon does not, you need to return your phones and port your numbers to a carrier that does. There is no amount of tech-support that can provide service where there are no towers.   

i’m sure if you contact customer service they will get you give you plenty of platitudes, instruct you on Wi-Fi calling, and it will make no difference. All they have to do is run out the clock on the 30 days so that you’re stuck paying for your phones. Get out while you can. If you are already past 30 days your only option is to sell your phones to recoup the cost. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we are here to help with your poor coverage dilemma. The last thing we want is for you to struggle with our signal. When did the problem start? What recent changes have you made? What exactly happens when try to use the service?

0 Likes
kevco67
Enthusiast - Level 2

Signal has always been poor around town, no matter which phones we have had in the past. Been here over 20 years.  I would assume there is not a cell tower that has us in range to get good signal. I know that Verizon is not going to run out and put up a cell tower to help, that would cost money. We have been with Verizon for years, will be looking into other carriers. Don't have our phones payed off, but it's no big deal. Internet is pretty much non existent when we are out riding around, we can make calls, but they sometimes drop. Also some texts will sit in the phone for a while to be sent. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those details. I've reviewed the 28163 area & I'm not showing any open alerts. I do understand this has been happening for some time now & want to look further into this for you. I've sent you a Private Note. Please reply at your earliest convenience.

-Kia

0 Likes