Poor customer service and lack of sympathy
Kat575
Enthusiast - Level 2

Today I have spent over 4 hours going back and fourth with assurion and Verizon. The customer service was horrible and they lacked compassion for the situation. I have multi device protection which is completely horrible for people with multiple lines unless you want to pay a lot of money to cover all your devices. I was unaware that once you have claims in 3 devices even though you get 9 claims those are the only devices you can make claims for. My nonverbal autistic son who uses his table for communication and to calm him during his meltdowns with his sensory apps his tablet slid into the recliner and was broken. Brand new tablet well basically I was told that there was nothing they could do because I have used up my 3 lines in my multi device protection plan. They didn’t try to help in any way except for one lady that was going to replace my tablet for me but we were disconnected and they wouldn’t reconnect her with me. Not only will I be canceling all of my protection plans even my home device protection but I will be taking my service elsewhere. I’m am disgusted with the customer service thru Verizon. They didn’t do anything to try to help besides get more money out of me in my desperate state. 

Re: Poor customer service and lack of sympathy
sgarceau
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had an absolutely atrocious experience with the 4 or 5 employees I spoke with to correct their mistake.  It didn't require sympathy, empathy, or any sort of understanding of extenuating circumstance.  They just needed to fix their mistake and still every person I spoke with struggled mightily.  I'm so sorry about your experience, but sadly I think they would rather just buy another 20 million customers that commit any resources to assisting the ones they have.  Here's an article I read that discusses a former employee's take on this problem.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/an-ex-verizon-employee-explains-why-its-not-worth-helping-customers/

mama23dogs
Legend

@Kat575 

I do you understand the struggle you must deal with when you have a nonverbal child with special needs.  It places in all a lot of stress and responsibility on your shoulders and I know you’re just trying to do the best you can to supply your child with something that enhances his life.  

However: In this case you are reacting to the situation with anger when the facts are what they are and expecting an exception to be made when you are not due one.  

Do you realize that Asurion  is a completely separate company?
And that they are the same insurance provider used by Verizon, T-Mobile, Amazon, and many others? 

It is not Asurion or Verizon’s fault that you have exceeded your ability to make another claim.  It is also not Verizon or Asurions fault that the tablet was broken. 

I have a pad of sticky notes and on the top of the sticky note pad each one says “oh no this is another life lesson”.  And so it is.  I know you’re probably stressed to the breaking point, but this is time for mama to roll with it. Just replace it with an inexpensive tablet.   

BTW, we don’t often break things so I just have what I call my replacement fund, I self ensure rather than pay premiums and high deductibles to a third-party. Knowing that perhaps your devices are going to get broken more often, consider really sturdy cases, and put money aside for such disasters

0 Likes
Kat575
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well if I was informed of the exact specifics when they enrolled me in the multi device protection plan which honestly isn’t ideal for anyone with multiple devices I would have gotten one or two more lines but I was just informed that I had 9 claims per year so that is Verizon’s fault. At not time have Had any anger towards asurion who are not the ones that misinformed me about the protection plan. If I hadn’t just upgraded his tablet to a newer version and didn’t still have to pay 730$ then getting another tablet wouldn’t be a problem. Not only that two of the representatives when I told them to just upgrade me to the 4 device plan they had no idea what I was talking about and told me all my devices were covered so that increased the frustration even more. At one point there was a very sweet representative that found a loop hole and was going to replace the tablet but we were disconnected and they refused to send me back to her. But at the end of it no one wanted to help me and tue basically told me I will have to continue to pay for a tablet that was purchased on the 7th of July even though it’s no longer working. Also no you can’t understand what it’s like to have a child with special needs that is also autistic and non verbal. This tablet which the special education program paid for the apps to help him learn and communicate is a lot more than just a tablet for him and our family, so an oops life lesson due to being not properly informed about the multi device protection doesn’t apply here. Also the fact that they refused to send me back to the sweet lady that was helping me was pretty bad on their part. 

mama23dogs
Legend

Well I can see that any attempt at sympathy on my part is going to fall flat.  

It is likely the person disconnected you because any attempt to replace the tablet for free was going to be blocked/canceled anyway.  
When you enrolled in insurance and, you should have been sent an email by Asurion confirming your new device insurance, yes?  Did you read the policy? While it does cover multiple devices and nine claims, it also does indicate it is limited to three claims per line in a 12 month period.

per the website:

You can file up to 3 claims on a single enrolled line in a 12-month period (excluding approved cracked-screen repair claims) with a maximum device value of $400 or $3,000, depending on device.”

This is  more generous than Asurion  provides through AT&T.  AT&T has a policy for four lines, for $45, eight claims per year.  Each line is only allowed two total replacements in 12 months.

So other than inform you that the insurance would not cover the tablet if you broke it a fourth time in 12 months, what else could have been done different?  
With the deductible, you’ve already paid for the tablet once over if you’ve paid three deductibles already in the past 12 months.   I realize accidents happen, but insurance companies are for-profit businesses. When someone makes this many claims, they cancel insurance.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@sgarceau 

Ive seen this same complaint throughout the industry.  Every effort to take income away from the employees and keep it as pure profit for the service provider.  
My salty response would be edited out, so just imagine 🐂💩.   It’s a lousy way to treat your employees, who will in turn short change your customers.  

This is not what Verizon customers pay for.  We pay a premium, but now get sending rate, buggy service.  (Read my no service adventure on my other thread) 

0 Likes
Kat575
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wrong again I wasn’t sent any emails and once you make a claim on one line that is the only line you can continue to use your remaining two claims. So I had made a claim on my phone, my oldest sons phone, and my husbands phone. So with those 3 lines I can only use my remaining 6 claims on those lines only which I wasn’t told about when the lady enrolled me. So that left me no coverage for my other devices even though I have 6 claims available still.  I didn’t file a claim on one tablet 3 times and the tablet wasn’t going to be replaced for free I was paying my deductible which the lady informed me of before we were disconnected. Also on my phone and my husbands phone it was only a cracked screen which they informed me today that counts as a claim. Again it all goes back to the misinformation or lack there of when I signed up for the multi device protection plan. My issues isn’t with asurion. My issues are with Verizon. Asurion was nothing but nice and understand and did everything they could to try to help. 

0 Likes
Kat575
Enthusiast - Level 2
  • NEven when I went to upgrade my multi protection plan to 4 lines 12 claims the 3 representative had no idea what I was talking about and kept telling me all my devices are covered and there is no reason they should be refusing my claim. This was after my 4 hour ordeal I finally had to request a supervisor 4 times to get one. It was completely ridiculous. I was offered the protection plan on the phone they discussed it with me but not once did the say that once you make a claim on 3 lines those are the only 3 line you can make claims on. Which honestly I believe it’s complete 🐂💩. I could understand having a certain cap on claims a year but once you make a claim on 3 lines those are the only lines you can use that’s ridiculous. 
0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Well, yeah.  You can’t insure 4+ devices with a 3 device plan.  Just like through AT&T you can’t cover 5+ with their 4 device plan.  
https://www.verizon.com/support/total-equipment-coverage-faqs/

0 Likes
Kat575
Enthusiast - Level 2

next day Verizon wireless isn’t willing to work with me but asurion is, all they needed was for Verizon to add the 4 line 12 claims for me and they would help me. After several people yesterday a lady said she would add it we got off the phone I went to bed today I called asurion to start the process and it hadn’t been updated in the system. I call Verizon and they are refusing to help me at all. The higher up’s with Verizon are refusing every attempt any representative makes to help me and get my special needs son a replacement tablet so he can communicate with us and help calm his meltdowns. 

0 Likes