Poor/non-existent coverage
Senorcoz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Living in W. St. Paul, MN. Located a mile south of the capitol of St. Paul, in this major metropolitan area. Been here since 2003. The entire time, when going outside my house, I seldom get LTE, it's mainly 3G/No Service. Have to operate my iphone on wi-fi calling, and internet use.

Have asked about his many times, with no resolution. We must be the 1% Verizon does not cover.

0 Likes
Re: Poor/non-existent coverage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We value your loyalty since 2003, and it worries us to see you experience 3G/No service outside your house. We are here to help. Please tell us, is this impacting multiple devices? Does this happen during specific times of the day?

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
Senorcoz
Enthusiast - Level 2

All devices (iPhones). Had to buy a network extender, so I can sit on the patio or cut the grass. 

There's a cel tower about a mile from my house, but that's at the top of a hill, and we are right at the bottom. Not good line of sight. Other Verizon customers in this area of the city have also been affected by this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details, Senorcoz. How is the Network Extender working for you?

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
Senorcoz
Enthusiast - Level 2

The network extender was off a CNET review. It must be pretty weak, since it’s not very reliable with it’s signal of use.

Everytime I go outside to listen to music, to cut my grass, or work in the garage, or sit on my patio, my supposed 4G LTE quickly goes to 3G or No Service. If I’m lucky, I might get one tiny bar. When inside my house, it primarily runs off of my WiFi. However, that terrible too, as my Verizon WiFi feature often gets disabled, and I have to keep toggling the Airplane mode, to try to get it to work. This only gets noticed when someone calls or I make a call. I shouldn’t have to make sure it’s on WiFi calling, before we use our iPhones (11 Pro Max, 8, and 6S).

There is a park, 2 blocks from my house, which has a cel tower that rents it out to cel companies. Verizon is not one of them, and it would easily resolve this problem for us residents in the NE part of W. St. Paul, MN, where this known problem has existed since I moved here in 2003. 

This isn’t just my phone. Anyone who has Verizon phones that visits can’t get a signal, and I have to give out my WiFi password, so they can use that.

It would be nice if someone would come out and see this problem firsthand, instead of someone on a computer, in an office saying “Oh, it shows there’s a tower a mile from your residence. You should have a signal”.

Makes little sense to continue to pay for a service not being reliably provided. I’d hate to switch carries, but after 17 years of the same problem, maybe this has to happen. I know other residents in this area have already switched. 

0 Likes
clan0013
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live on the west side of St. Paul near the University of St. Thomas.  I have 2 bars (LTE) at my house at best.  Normally only 1 bar.  It's very hard to surf the internet, check e-mail or use apps without being on WiFi.  Not the end of the world unless I'm in my backyard/garage where my WiFi signal doesn't reach, then it's very frustrating.  Would love to be able to stream Pandora in my own backyard, but can't as again my WiFi doesn't reach out there and Verizon isn't providing the signal they should be.  Phone calls are very choppy at my house as well, so it's not just a data issue.  Thankfully I make my work calls through my computer, but I can't seem to ever have a quality call over my iPhone 11.  You would think in the year 2021 with a very modern smart phone, and a $80/month plan in the center of a major metropolitan area that call quality and data quality issues would be non-existent.  But then again, I have Verizon, so there is that.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

clan0013, we know the importance of having reliable service. I have gone ahead and sent you a Private Message so we may discuss this further. 

-Christine

0 Likes
lola4275
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this problem as well. I live in Downtown Saint Paul and my calls drop all the time because of poor coverage. Where I work, near Macalester and St Thomas, the service is non-existent. My clients cannot use their phones to surf the internet when getting their hair done because there is basically no service over there either. why, Verizon? What are you doing to fix this? It is 2021, why in a major metropolitan area are there so many dead zones??

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our number one goal is to keep you connected! When did this first start happening?

*Ellisandra

0 Likes
clan0013
Enthusiast - Level 2

Other than asking me for my address, there has been no action taken by Verizon on this issue to-date.

0 Likes