Poor or no service
longtimecustomer1156
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was an original Altell customer back some years ago.  When Verizon acquired Altell, I stayed on board with them.  When my service was with Altell, it was great.  When Verizon took over it deprecated very little, the service was almost as good.  The service continued to be great up until about a year ago.  For some reason, our service dropped from great to very poor.  We went from four and five bars of service to zero inside our home.  We have to go outside to place or receive calls.  Anyone from the south knows about being outside after dark in the summer, MOSQUITOES!  Even while outside in the heat and insects, when we can get service, we still drop calls.  Sometimes we can walk around in our yard or stand in the middle of the road in front of our house and get one bar of service.  Verizon sent us identical replacement phones thinking that our phones may have been defective, no help.  Verizon continues to imply the problem may be on our end.  I began questioning other people in the community and found that the problem is more than just us.  I spoke to a lady who lives about one mile west of my residence and found that she has the same identical problem which started at the exact same time.  The lady stated that she had called Verizon numerous times also.  I had almost the exact same conversation with four more neighbors within a two mile radius of my home.  Like me they were all upset at the poor service.  With that being said, none of the competitors service has ever worked in this area, so we depended on Verizon.  I hope this situation will be rectified.  My job is an on call job, I need my phone service to be dependable.  I pay Verizon over $3,000 a year for my wireless needs, I know that amount may be insignificant to the company but it is a lot to me.  I think I deserve decent service.  I may end up going back to a landline and get a month to month plan from Wal-Mart or something if this does not change.  I do not want to stand outside in the cold this winter to try and make a call. Please respond and pass this on to customer service since they are so hard to reach and understand.

Zip code: 72324

GPS Location: (removed)

Elev. 255'

>> Edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Poor or no service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly don't want you to have to stand outside this winter, longtimecustomer1156. I reviewed the area and did notice there is opportunity in service. Have you heard about our Network Extender option? By using your existing high speed internet connection, the network extender helps boost your service indoors. http://vz.to/MRtzlb

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly don't want you to have to stand outside this winter, longtimecustomer1156. I reviewed the area and did notice there is opportunity in service. Have you heard about our Network Extender option? By using your existing high speed internet connection, the network extender helps boost your service indoors. http://vz.to/MRtzlb

AndreaS_VZW

0 Likes
longtimecustomer1156
Enthusiast - Level 1

Another rep has already suggested that.  I purchased the extender.  All I have is a hotspot internet connection.  I called and spoke to a service rep.  I was advised to return it for a refund credit.  It would not work for my situation and set up!  We had a strong signal at one time without any enhancements.  What happened?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! You do need to have highspeed internet in order for the Network Extender to work. We are so sorry this was not explained to you.  There are several factors that can affect coverage. In the spring/summer months the extra foliage can affect signal. If there are more people in the area using the tower, it can also be an issue. I will send a Direct Message to you so I can get more details.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
thomasr1950
Contributor - Level 2

I can't get in touch with customer service. I was calling for over 2hrs today. All I got was disconnected or the voice menu, never a live person. I also tried chatting, after 2hrs I got thru. Then they said to call customer service. I need to get in touch with CS. How do I get a live person?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

thomasr1950,

I am so sorry you are having a hard time getting in touch with us. We can assist you right here though. What had you calling into us? Our customer service number is 800-922-0204 if you want to try from another phone.

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
thomasr1950
Contributor - Level 2

You don't follow thru on Facebook or Messenger or Twitter if i even get a reply. A current issue i have is i don't want any accessory promotion notifications from VZW at all. Twice i have been told they had been stopped. They haven't. Why do you misled cutomers? Your customer service is just plain horrible. I can't wait to switch.

0 Likes