Poor service coverage in my area
Ataraxy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a way to find out if there are any plans by Verizon to expand/improve service in my area (zip 32667)?  We barely get two bars at our home, and have frequent drops as a result. This is concerning from a safety perspective, not to mention the frustration of having calls dropped.

At this point, we will change to whatever provider can deliver decent cell service, but would like to stay with Verizon.

Re: Poor service coverage in my area
jasmithlaw
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not sure what is happening, but in Houston, TX and surrounding areas, Verizon signal has gotten worse. For as much as we pay it is extremely ridiculous to not have signal when you are standing looking at a tower. I use to work for Verizon and there was a time when the company took coverage and customer service seriously. Now. It is a joke. And get this I was driving and called *611 for customer service and it says we are sending you a text please verify for assistance. Because that is safe... Other providers a looking real good about now. Good luck team. Hopefully someone can make Verizon great again #makevzwgreatagain

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm human, & can most certainly understand the need to stay connected. We wouldn't want to lose you as a customer & are here to help! I understand you're experiencing dropped calls. For clarity, are other services affected (text messages/data)? When did this begin? How far do you have to travel before you notice an improvement in your services?

-Kia

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! Thanks for bringing your issue to our attention today, jasmithlaw. We will be sending you a Private Note shortly. *Bryan

0 Likes
Ataraxy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Without a strong signal, all services suffer, the more data intensive, the worse the service. This is a very inconvenient and dangerous situation for many of us here. Many times we have toget into our car to drive north so we can engage in any phone calls, including emergency services.  At our house we barely get' 1-2 bars', which fluctuates. The 1 .3 miles from our house to CR-329 is mostly devoid of signal. If we go South on CR-329, we have no signal for many miles. We even  lose signal on I-75 near Paynes Prairie, along stretches of US 441 between McIntosh and N Ocala.  This did not 'begin', it never was. You simply do not have sufficient coverage for this area. 

I need for you to tell me if there are any plans to provide more coverage to this area. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having reliable signal is essential nowadays. Coverage may vary due to a variety of reasons. I would like some more informaiton about your location to best assist. We can take a look at your local network details & go from there. Where are you located (city, zip code)? Do you have residential Internet? Do you know of others with the same issue?

-Gina

0 Likes