Poor service
Jbirkett
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am extremely dissatisfied with Verizon.  We recently moved and purchased our first home, but have had poor service in the home, as well as outside as well.  Called tech support to see if there was anything we can do to improve our service.  First call with tech actually started to break up - and then dropped.  Drove down the road a few miles where there was better service and called back.  The second tech was able to access the coverage in my area and said we are in extended coverage zone - meaning that Verizon is feeding off other towers to provide service, and area my home is in has especially bad service.  His solution was for ME to purchase a $250 "accessory" to extend my network.  While he did offer a $100 later in our conversation, I don't understand how this cost is passed down to the customer, and a loyal one of 10 years at that.  I should not have to spend additional money to use the service I already PAY for, as well as other utility costs associated with powering the extender.  Shame on you, Verizon.  Time to call another cell provider who has better service in our area and go with them.

Labels (1)
Re: Poor service
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Again,

Unfortunately Verizon can't just come out and put up their own tower. $100 off their extender is a good deal, most people are only offered $75. If it's cheaper than $150 to end contracts with Verizon then that may be your best option.

Depending on the plan you have now, At&T would be comparable in price and of the options out there may be a good option.

0 Likes
Jbirkett
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah plan on checking out AT&T. You have a point - building a tower is not feasible - but providing a loyal with complimentary equipment, as poor coverage affects the area, should be the remedy, not there customers paying for holes is their coverage

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

There are MANY threads here on this subject. No carrier is going to guarantee service inside of any structure. You can either get a network extender or look into a Google Voice number that will allow you to use wifi to make calls inside.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jbirkett,

Providing you with superior service is the number one priority here at Verizon Wireless. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your service lately but we will work together to find a solution for you as we don't want to lose you and appreciate your 10 year loyalty with us. Can you provide the zip code for your area?

CandiceH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Jbirkett
Enthusiast - Level 2

My zip code is 12542

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I'm assuming you know that Verizon doesn't cover every inch of the US with service and if not, it was naive on your part to assume that when you moved you'd have service.

"We recently moved and purchased our first home"

How come that's Verizon's fault? They offered to basically split the cost of an extender with you for YOUR mistake of not knowing you'd need one if you wanted to buy that house, which is more than reasonable on their part.

0 Likes