Poor signal in Northern VA
jeeden
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have had Verizon Wireless for over 10 years and continue to see the signal at our home get worse and worse. I'm not sure if the area has grown and it is not performing as well with more users or what. We no longer have a landline and depend on the cell phones for all voice calls.

We are located just south (2 miles) of the town of Purcellville, VA (zip code 20132). If you look at tower maps there appears to be a significant dead zone south of town between Rt50 and Rt 7. Is there anything to be done? At best the calls are choppy and drop, at worst they don't go through at all. This is on multiple devices and with multiple accounts (friends with Verizon come over and have no signal). As I compose this message at 7:46 local time, I have barely 1 "bar" on my fully charged Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Poor signal in Northern VA
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming this info, jeeden!

From our map, I do show that this area does have some network limitations. Have you considered a Network Extender to boost signal in your home? http://vz.to/1hDAPfJ

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jeeden.
I'm sorry your having issues. I would be happy to look into this with you! Does service improve outside? Please power down and remove and reinsert the sim card and retest.

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
melissabbyyy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue with service that it seems quite a few other people are having. When I go indoors my cell phone has no service and barely improves outside. It's very aggravating because you guys charge an arm and a leg for service and I don'the get any!

0 Likes
jeeden
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done full reboots on my phone with battery and Sim card resets. It isn't just my phone. All my friends have verizon wireless on various model phones and the same issue at my home.

Signal strength is the same inside and outside the building for all.

Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 phone.

melissabbyyy
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's ridiculous.  They keep telling me it's the software. But my phone never works when I need it too. Has anything changed for you or is it just progressively getting worse?

0 Likes
melissabbyyy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in Ohio but no one around here is having the same problem as me and I just don't understand it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information, Jeeden. Do you have any issues outside of the home or in town? Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee service inside the home and do suggest a network extender for service concerns within the home. http://vz.to/IHRT6h

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
jeeden
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. The issue is outside my home, but at the location of my home.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 phone.

0 Likes
tylerw1285
Contributor - Level 1

Service upgrades being made by  verizon that will eventually make your service better everywhere.  Unfortunately,  takes trial and error for precision. I experienced it for a few weeks while they were updating the signal range I actually dropped all Internet aND ended up in.eHRPD for voice.  Talk about old school.  That preally dates Internet frequency on cell.  Note almost always 5 bars for talk 4gXlte averaging 70+ down 30 up. Hour they get it fixed quick for ya

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming this info, jeeden!

From our map, I do show that this area does have some network limitations. Have you considered a Network Extender to boost signal in your home? http://vz.to/1hDAPfJ

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW