Poor signal strength at home
MoBoost
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have had a problem with low signal strength at our home for a long time. It is partially remedied by using a WiFi connection while inside. Outside our home, beyond the WiFi, one or two bars LTE at the most is typical. The Verizon coverage map, that is only an approximation, shows that our home is in a location between 5G and 4G. From experience, we never have 5G and barely 4G.

This week, when we experienced a power outage, the low signal strength became critical as both mine and my wife’s iPhone 13s were rendered useless, unless we went elsewhere where the signal strength improved. I called support and an extender was sent, but this does not address the basic problem outside the house.

Would really appreciate your help with this, please.

Re: Poor signal strength at home
cacgood

We are having the same issue.  One or two bars is all we get for cell service at home.  And for the third time, and most recently just this morning, our alarm system which we found out uses the Verizon network, has faulted because of a “failure to communicate” with the monitoring center. This is not acceptable!  We are located in Maryland in the 20853 zip code. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@cacgood ,

We're sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble, but there's a lot of info that we'd still need to know about here. Do you only have these issues at home? How is your service in other areas? 

-Russell

0 Likes
cacgood

We have this issue at home, and for about a 1+ mile radius around our home (depending on what direction you are going).  When trying to stream music while on a walk, streaming stops because of a poor signal.  Cell phone calls are of poor quality and many get dropped.  We are only able to get a signal strength of 1-2 bars in this area.  We do not have this issue when we travel outside of this area, and are able to get a full signal strength with 4 bars.  This has nothing to do with our phones, as our alarm system, which communicates with the monitoring center using the Verizon cell network (not related to our own cell service) has had several times when it gives us an error code for failure to communicate due to a poor signal.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'll get to the bottom of this. Please run a speed test https://www.speedtest.net/ -Joel

0 Likes
MoBoost
Enthusiast - Level 2

The low signal strength is in and at the location of our home and the immediate area. Away from this area, the newish iPhone 13 functions well and is able to get 5G service. I prefer to not divulge the location of my home on this public forum. The Verizon coverage map, that is only an approximation, shows why we have a problem. I called support, they transferred me to technical support, who answered that they were busy an hung up on me! How do we resolve this so that I get the kind of service that I am paying for? Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MoBoost, thank you so much for brining this to our attention. I am sorry for the trouble that you were having with getting connected with a tech support agent over the phone. I will be sending you a Private Note to gather more specific details from you. Looking forward to working with you. 

-Kevin

0 Likes
cacgood

I will do the speed test when I am back home this evening. It’s it possible to take this conversation private  and not in the forum?

0 Likes
MoBoost
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a text discussion going on last night until for no reason it kicked me out. I’m beginning to think that this is the response from Verizon when they cannot or choose not to address a problem. I’ve replied to multiple private messages; repeating the same information over and over. Still have the problem and I am an now unhappy customer. 

0 Likes
MoBoost
Enthusiast - Level 2

After another text exchange today, Verizon has confirmed that the signal strength near our home is poor to fair. 
They stated that they have no plans to address this. This is extremely disappointing and will force me to investigate other carriers. We are paying more than ever now for 5G and can’t expect any more than one or two bars of LTE.