Poor upgrade experience
KODBLO17

I just wanted to relate my upgrade experience. A couple of months ago my Galaxy S7 which was only a year old started acting weird and the 2 bottom touch buttons stopped working. I took it into the store and the rep said there would be no issue submitting it for an early upgrade since it was defective. I did the upgrade and sent in my phone as instructed. A little bit later I got the phone back (packaged very poorly by the way and just flopping around in the box) with a note saying it would not power on. Since it was powered on right before I sent it, I suspected it might just be dead. I threw it on my wireless charger and what do you know, it started charging and powered on just fine. I took it into the store and showed them that it powered on just fine. We ended up discovering that the charge port was also not working which I had never noticed because I seldom used it. Apparently they did not even think to try wireless charging at the warehouse (I hope they at least tried a cable). They had me send it back in and this time I made sure it was fully charged and have pictures of it powering right before sealing the box. Well now my bill is almost due and of course they have added the remaining balance for my other phone, because obviously this delay must be the customers fault. I contacted Verizon just to let them know the phone was received by the warehouse a week ago and asked if they could suspend the charge until this is sorted out. He said I could pay the whole amount now and they would reimburse me once the trade in was processed, or I could choose not to pay the extra charge but then I would have to do some kind of "promise to pay" or there would be a $5 late fee. Times like this really make me question why I have been a loyal customer for well over 15 years now.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor upgrade experience
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

KODBLO17​, this is definitely not the experience that we wanted you to have when upgrading to a new phone and I would like a chance to help turn things around. Let me take a closer look at your account to determine what is the status of your Trade-In Credit.

Please check your Inbox for my Direct Message.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
Re: Poor upgrade experience
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You ca't trade in a defective phone on an early upgrade. You will find that the charge will most likely stand.

0 Likes