Port Out
okieboom

Maybe somebody can help with this. I am attempting to port out my phone number to another carrier. Each time I send the request for the pin through the Verizon website it says that I have 120 seconds to respond to the email. The email never comes in within the 120 seconds. So I can't do it that way now. The only option I'm given now is to have a text sent to my phone. My phone is dead. Does anybody have a way for me to get that pin number for my port out without having a text sent to my phone that is dead? I do not have another phone to call from. Thank you...

0 Likes
Re: Port Out
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How is the phone dead? Is there any possibility of borrowing a phone and inserting your SIM card in the phone to activate it on your line? If you can do that then you can get the text message.

On the email delivery, how long are they taking to reach you? Is there a speed or connection slowdown preventing the email from being received in 2 minutes? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Doggo
Contributor - Level 3

Alternatively you can call in if you're an authorized user. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Doggo wrote:

Alternatively you can call in if you're an authorized user. 

I didn't suggest calling into Customer Service because the OP indicated they didn't have another phone to call with. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

okieboom, we apologize for the issues you are having. You can request a PIN online. Please review the Transfer (port out) your number to another carrier FAQs https://www.verizon.com/support/port-out-faqs/#pin

Let us know if you run into any issues. 

JacobG_VZW

0 Likes
nhollop

I follow the link for generating a port out pin but it does not show up on the page it take me to.  Endless loop.  How do I get a pin?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there. I'm sad to hear you're leaving us for a different carrier. I do want to ensure you get the support you need. Go ahead and dial #PORT to request a Number Transfer PIN. Tell me if that works. 

-Carter

0 Likes