Ported number from Straight Talk to Verizon--how long does it take?
jesse_dylan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I pre-purchased an iPhone 6 from a Verizon seller last week.  I went and got the phone today and got my Verizon account set up.  Today is the first day of my contract.  They ported my number from Straight Talk.  Right away, we got a text saying there was a delay in porting the number.  At the moment, some texts are coming to my old phone, some to the new.  Meanwhile, calls seem to go only to the old phone.

Is something wrong, or do I just need to wait?  The port was attempted at about 2 pm, and it's about 4 pm now.

Verizon Wireless Services

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ported number from Straight Talk to Verizon--how long does it take?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jesse_dylan,

Help has arrived! When porting a mobile number from one carrier to another, the process can take up to 72 hours to complete. If there is a delay in the process it can possibly take longer. Once the port is completed you should receive a notification. To help sync the existing number on your new phone try rebooting it.

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jesse_dylan,

Help has arrived! When porting a mobile number from one carrier to another, the process can take up to 72 hours to complete. If there is a delay in the process it can possibly take longer. Once the port is completed you should receive a notification. To help sync the existing number on your new phone try rebooting it.

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

jesse_dylan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ah ha!  Okay, so I just need to be more patient in other words.  Smiley Happy  I'm just glad nothing is wrong.

I did use the "erase all data and settings" option on the iPhone 6 menu because I wanted to go through the setup myself.  I hope that didn't mess anything up.

Thank you!!

0 Likes
verizonmoderator1

>> MODERATOR NOTE:  Thread has been locked to further replies.  See Number port--why do texts sometimes go to new phone, sometimes to old? <<

0 Likes