Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ported number only half ported? How do I fix this?
rkay11

Issue with porting phone number over. Only seems to be half-ported over, if that's even possible.

I recently switched to Verizon from Net10 Wireless. At the initial set up, I didn't have the information necessary to port my phone number, so they gave me a temporary one. Once I had the information, they put in a port request for my old number from Net10. It took about a week, but now my phone shows my desired phone number.

HOWEVER, there's a huge issue. I can only make calls out. Anyone trying to call me gets the "I'm sorry, the number you dialed is not accepting phone calls currently." I don't get any text messages from anyone and nobody gets text messages from me [except my husband, who is weirdly the exception to the texting, but not the calling issue]. I've already had to deal with family members panicking because they can't get ahold of me. 

I've tried calling Verizon's port hotline, but the automated system states that the zip code provided doesn't match the zip code on file with Net10 (which is weird, as I've only ever had one zip code associated with the account). But that doesn't explain why I can make calls, but can't receive calls. Before the port, I was using a temporary number and everything was fine.

Help would be appreciated, but please don't tell me to contact Verizon's port hotline or Net10. I've already tried Verizon's, and Net10 left me on hold twice for hours only to drop the call. 

0 Likes
Re: Ported number only half ported? How do I fix this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

You came to the right place for support with your service concerns, rkay11! I would like to gather additional information to ensure your calls are working as expected. When did your number start showing correctly (has it been more than 24 hours)?  

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
rkay11

It's been more than 24 hours. I think I got my phone number ported to the new phone on Wednesday.

I'll also add that my number should not be locked with my other carrier, as I had a pre-paid plan with them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for getting back. As far as the calls out, I'd like to learn more. Is your previous phone that was associated with the number powered on? Have there been any advancements since the last message? Looking forward to hearing back.

-Chris

0 Likes
rkay11

The other phone is powered off now, but it was on when the half-port went through. No changes from last message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, we can understand your desire to get your number completely ported over.  We are here and want to help in any way we can.  Can you please send us a Private Message, so we can assist? 

*Lisa

0 Likes