Porting issues
Briut613
Enthusiast - Level 1

Trying to port my verizon wireless service to new provider. I need to generate Transfer PIN to provide to new carrier. i have tried generating PIN via Verizon APP, Verizon Wireless Website. Called Porting Center-nothing can be done to get my Verizon Transfer PIN generated. Please advise!

Re: Porting issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The only other method to request a Transfer PIN from your Verizon Wireless account would be dialing #PORT from your phone. This will require account verification to produce the Transfer PIN via SMS message to you.

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
ecoalson1
Enthusiast - Level 1

This doesn't work either. I simply get a text message

Verizon Msg: Transferring your number to another carrier? Visit to get the PIN you need to transfer.

And there is no link to "Visit" anything. Seems Verizon is trying to keep ccustomers by exhausting them when trying to switch.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want you to feel that way. There are other routes that can be taken to acquire this necessary PIN. Please see the following page for the instructions: https://www.verizon.com/support/port-out-faqs .

*Bee

0 Likes
ExhaustedByVZW
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have tried to obtain a port PIN at least 8 times over the past 2 days.

When I call #PORT, I get a text message.  Following it repeatedly fails.

When  I try to do it using my laptop and email address, I'm told verizonwireless.com is not working.  But when I go to the URL, it works fine.

When I try to do it using my laptop and phone number, I'm led to the Verizon App at the Android store.  When I downloaded the app and tried to obtain a port number through the app, I see the "please wait" screen....for over 30 minutes.

What gives?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's make sure that the pin number is correct in our system to use. Please verify your account using the link provided here: By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Please note, the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here:http://spr.ly/6008yIhqn-Jasper

0 Likes
Jeparp
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this exact same issue. I just need the key to port my number. It just says processing your request please wait. I’ve done it 3 times with it timing out each time. I need to get this number transferred ASAP

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hearing that you are having issues with porting your number is concerning to us.  We are here for you and want to help you get this issue resolved.  Can you please send us a Private Message?  *Lisa

0 Likes
disgruntled_want2leav
Enthusiast - Level 1

Absolutely similar experience.

I dial #PORT from my Verizon phone, I get an audio voicemail tree that I tell I want to generate a PIN to leave Verizon. It instructs me to go online to myverizon.com

OK, no problem I think. I log-in to myverizon.com and search for PIN, click the "Generate a PIN to transfer your number to another carrier". That links me to an account security page with no options to generate a PIN. I go back. Another link directs me to instructions. 

YEAH! Oh, wait. These instructions say to dial #PORT from my phone!!!!

So, essentially, Verizon is placing its customers who want to leave and take an existing number, into an endless loop so they can laugh from afar.

Nicely done, Verizon, nicely done. You just lost ANY chance of ever getting me back!

atimothy47
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this same issue.  I have tried for 2 days over multiple browsers and can not get the website to generate a transfer pin:(