Prepaid gift card
Madre2

I have a standard account but accidentally bought a prepaid refill gift card. Can I use this to pay on my regular bill?

0 Likes
Re: Prepaid gift card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to get a great value on your service. At this time, Prepaid refill cards can only be used to replenish Verizon Prepaid accounts.

*Peter

0 Likes
PeaceMaker7714
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m having the same issue $75 . If the company is all verizon why can’t they apply the credit ? I’m filing a compliant with the better business bureau and going to post it on my social media outlets and see if we can get some type of solution 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello. We are here to address your concerns.We are sending a Private Note to you. 

*Aishawyra

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello. I understand how frustrating it can be to get the wrong gift card when shopping. While it is true Verizon is the same company. The prepaid and postpaid services are different. This is why the credits can not be applied to the account that are different service types. Does this make sense?

*Aishawyra

0 Likes
VTinTX
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually no.  Outback is not same chain as Carrabbas or Bonefish grill… but I can use a gift card for either of them at any of them.  Same for Old Navy/Gap/Banana Republic.   If you truly want to serve customers - ALL customers- either allow them to apply or exchange  cards bought in error OR make the cards DISTINCTLY and BOLDLY different.  

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!