Previously good service is now abysmal
KarenMG
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are in zip code 03886. I am using an HTC 612 that I've had no issues with in the past. However, in the last 3-4 days, the signal strength and consistency has been terrible. I should note that I've never had any problems getting a 4G signal at our house (we have line of sight to a tower). Now, however, it often drops to 1x or even tells me that I'm roaming. This affects everything, including texts, to varying degrees. The signal will bounce up occasionally to 3G, or 4G with 1-2 bars, rarely 3, but doesn't stay there for long. My husband just tried to call me from his (Straight Talk) phone and the call did not go through.

Browsing through this forum, I can see that in the past several days, you have had very similar complaints from all over the US. I think you have a bigger problem going on here, but all I see are repeated platitudes about how you value our business, and telling people to reboot their phones or remove and reinsert their SIM cards. Clearly, something more needs to be done, and as someone who used to work in the technical support division of a large company, I know there are ways to get upper management's attention when there is a serious problem, which you appear to have. At least start escalating some of these issues up to higher tiers of support.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Previously good service is now abysmal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Woolenegg,

We appreciate all of the details you have provided us as we understand how essential it is to have reliable service. The area you have provided us (03886) shows no reported concerns. We would like to dig deeper into this matter.  Can you please clarify if the concern only happens indoors or outdoors? Also, please follow this link to run a speed test on your device http://vz.to/2qgP5Vg. Please share your results.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Previously good service is now abysmal
KarenMG
Enthusiast - Level 2

It does not matter if I am indoors or outdoors.

Yesterday, my phone showed me as roaming all day until the evening when I was able to get a couple bars of (greyed out) 4G.

This morning I had two bars of 4G LTE, briefly, then 3G, and now it shows 2 bars with 4G greyed out.

I have run the Device Health Check, and the only "issue" under Performance is that it recommends installing VZ Support & Protection. But all other parameters show a green checkmark. There are no issues under Connectivity (all green checkmarks).

0 Likes