Price change after order cancellation
Mini1018
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had this same issue not sure what to do but I wanted to add a new line and trade in a old device but they didn't have the color I ordered when I arrived for the in-store pick up leading to the cancellation of my order so I could just get the device color they had in stock at the store but then the price changed and went all the way up. I just want to purchase the device I want for the price I paid the first time before they had to cancel because of their mess up....

"Backstory: I had bought my upgrade online and shipped it to a store. Upon arrival I did not have the credit card it was purchased with me (in fact it wasn't even in the same city as me as I had no idea that was something I would need) therefore could not receive the phone. The manager had mentioned that this was something that actually happened a lot and that they could not do anything for me as these were the rules put in place by corporate. To me, letting you know that you need the credit card it is purchased with to pick up the new phone is something that should be stated BEFORE you even make the online purchase, and not in the confirmation email thereafter, as I (and probably many people) would not have purchased it with the card that I did, but one that I know I would have had there with me. But fine. I've wasted an hour of my time at a Verizon store for nothing that I'll never get back.

Moving on. I was told in the store my only other option was to cancel the order and reorder. So I did. I cancelled the order, and it showed up as cancelled and refunded on my account. Well my upgrade option has vanished. It says I need to pay off my current phone (the old phone I was trading in for an upgrade). Coincidentally the amount shown that needed to be paid off is the exact same amount of the new phone I was trying to purchase as if it never credited back onto my account that I never received the phone. So I called customer service. They had stated that it would take overnight before things were processed and my upgrade would show again and I would be able to reorder. So I waited. Well guess what? Overnight came and went and I still don't have an upgrade or the ability to reorder. I am unaware at what to do at this point and honestly very upset. It should not be this difficult all around and I don't understand why things with cell phone providers can not be smoother these days. Anyone have any idea if my upgrade is going to come back at all, or has anyone had any similar experiences and can tell me who/where to go with this?"

0 Likes
Re: Price change after order cancellation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns too. Thanks for taking the time to provide such detailed information. 

I'm confident that we can assist you. Typically, for situations like this, our Customer Service Team would help. Have you spoken with our Customer Service Team about this at 800-922-0204?

We'd be more than glad to further assist you.

-Robert C.

0 Likes
Re: Price change after order cancellation
Mini1018
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have already talked to so many customer service reps and none of you seem to be able to fix the problem so I rather not waste my time sitting on the phone for 45 minutes just to be told there's nothing you can do about it. I think I', just goin to change my wifi services because, I think I made a mistake switching to you guys in the first place, I mean even your in store customer service is horrible I had to wait more then 1 hour before I was even helped. You guys need to do better.

0 Likes