Price goes up when I sign up for Auto-Pay?
JayRowHiTop
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently signed up for Auto-Pay on my account as it promised to save me money. When I received this months bill, much to my surprise the bill was nearly $40 higher? I looked at the plan pricing and each plan was showing a $10 increase. If you go to the Verizon site without logging in the Play-more Plan was listed at $45 yet I was being charged $55 on each line. Can someone please explain this to me? I have attempted to get a call-back from Verizon but have had little luck. Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Price goes up when I sign up for Auto-Pay?
rcschnoor
Legend

Do you have autopay set up with a debit card or checking account?

If you have autopay set up with a credit card, you do not qualify for the discount.

Additionally, does your bill say that it will be automatically paid or does it simply say that the amount is due. If the bill does not state that the bill is scheduled to automatically be paid by autopay, then it has not taken effect yet and you will still have to manually make the payment. If you set up autopay close enough to your billing date, it may not take effect until the following month.

JayRowHiTop
Enthusiast - Level 1

I finally talked to a Verizon representative. According to them I already had Auto-Pay enabled even though I manually paid the bill every month. I have no idea what debit card they have the account tied to, bu I had them change it back. I was already getting the $10 per line discount and didn't realize it. I'll do a little more investigating to see if I can figure out what card the account is tied to. Thanks!

P.S. I didn't see the fine print on the web site about having paperless billing and auto-pay enabled to get the $45 rate for the lines. Tricky!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JayRowHiTop, we don't want there to be any tricks. We want to make sure that you get the appropriate discounts. On our plan page https://www.verizon.com/plans/#shared it will show that the pricing includes $10 per month savings per line, when you sign up for paper-free billing and auto pay (below where you select how many lines you would need). When you spoke with us, were we able to locate the discount and they are being applied to the account?  KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
JayRowHiTop
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, everything is good now. The customer service rep applied a $40 credit to my bill and I changed the auto-pay to a different card. The strange thing is they said that I was already enrolled in auto-pay but there was never a debit card on the account. I had always paid my bill manually using a credit card. I have no idea why changing from one credit card to another would invalidate the auto-pay discount but for some reason it did.

0 Likes