Pricing of phones
KARBAU51

I recently brought a phone at one of the stores that is a franchise store and the price i paid for the iPhone 6s 64 gig was much more than the online price which was not running any promotions at the time. When I got my bill and saw the difference I called VZ customer service who said I had overpaid and would have to go back to the store for them to fix it. I did that and even gave them a copy of the customer service chat transcript. The store told me that they never re-write contracts and it basically has done nothing for me. It is to late to return the phone to them.

I am at fault for not reading the fine print of my contract but at the same time I would expect the sales person to be more up front or honest in the pricing. I also would expect not to be told by this company Cellular Cells that customer service is wrong and they will do nothing. I did not realize that VZ has all different pricing for the same phone depending upon where you purchase it. I would have liked that to be more visible instead of finding out after the fact. I feel as the customer that I am caught between VZ and their franchise store.

Needless to say I will never buy another phone from them.

My question is there anything that can be done? 

I do not like feeling that I have been lied to which is basically what has happened.

thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pricing of phones
rcschnoor
Legend

Verizon has its prices and retail stores have their own prices. Verizon stores OTHER than corporate stores(Cellular Cells, for example) do not have to sell for the same price as Verizon. They make their own prices for the devices which can be higher or lower. If you want the prices Verizon sets, you must make your purchase at a Verizon corporate store.

KARBAU51 wrote:

My question is there anything that can be done?

That would depend on the return policy of the store and what the price difference is. If the restocking fee is lower than the price difference you paid and you are still within the return period, return the phone, pay the restocking fee and then purchase the phone at a Verizon corporate store or online from Verizon or other similarly priced outlet.

Next time, do your price shopping BEFORE purchase in order to prevent this from happening again.

0 Likes
KARBAU51

Thanks for the reply. As a note I did my price shopping before I brought I

just did not know stores could charge whatever they want. It is to late to

return the phone otherwise I would. My costly mistake but it will never

happen again. Buyer beware since there is no transparency in cell phone

sales .

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The one thing that ALWAYS happens is that the sell price for the device is clearly displayed right next to it on the sales floor. That is a strict VZW standard that all authorized retailers have to follow.

You said it in your original post, you didn't read the stuff you were signing and now it is too late.

Unfortunately, you will have to fulfill the contract terms.

0 Likes
KARBAU51

Thanks for your comment. This store had no prices of any type by the

phones that I have seen in others. I know nothing can be changed at this

point. I just do not want others in my area to suffer a similar experience

from a company that does not value the customer.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

If they don't have prices on display then I would go to the store and take pictures to prove this and report them to VZW.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the address of this store?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes