Privacy on Verizon Business Plan
jjones123

My phone is owned by my employer and my plan is paid for by my employer. Does my employer have access to my text messages, emails and phone call records? As with a lot of people these days, I use my work phone for work and personal use. I'm concerned about my employer's ability to view anything and everything on my work phone that I consider personal. I read through the privacy policy but most of the information provided is regarding personal or family plans, not business plans.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Privacy on Verizon Business Plan
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

What phone?

Typically, if the employer is paying for it, the company policy (not Verizon policy) would dictate that they have access to everything on it.  The same as a computer that is used for work.

It's typically not advisable to expect privacy on an employer provided device.

jjones123

iPhone 5s is the phone type.

I'd like to know what Verizon's policy is on the subject. Say, for example, my employer calls and asks for all of my text message history. Does Verizon hand it over or not? Does it vary from company to company? If so, why?

Agreed that I shouldn't "expect" any privacy but just curious how easy it is for the employer to access the data on the phone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The employer is already the account owner so they already have access to that information.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes