Problem transfer Verizon Fios phone number to mobile phone
modifies

Hello,

I just added a third line to my current wireless plan with my own iPhone. At the time of signing up, I was not able to transfer the phone number from my Home FIOS phone that already disconnected for a while. Online Chat agent and Verizon Support said I can pick a new number and then change the number myself online later.

That seemed to be a good solution at the time. But, I've tried it many times without success. I followed the steps to check availability of the phone. It's available because that was my FIOS phone and has been disconnected from my FIOS plan.

After entered all the phone information, I clicked [SUBMIT]. But, it just displayed a message "Please submit for authentication...." Nothing happened. This is probably a bug or something was preventing the transfer process to be completed. It provided no option to continue but [Cancel] or go [Back].

Last times I chat with online agents, I got different answers. One said the phone number will not be released until 50 days. That doesn't sound right. This is a transfer from Verizon Fios to Verizon Wireless. And, my FIOS phone has been disconnected for days.

I'm requesting that a Customer Support agent here look into the problem and provide an answer, please. Probably I'm not the first one trying to transfer a phone number like this. Maybe someone else had done it? Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Problem transfer Verizon Fios phone number to mobile phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how important it is to be able to keep the number that you have had for a long time. When you disconnect a phone line, the number gets re-issued to another customer after so many days. In order to be able to migrate the number over to Wireless services, the number has to still be active on your account before you start the migration. When did you have the number disconnected?

0 Likes
modifies

Hello,

Thank you for responding! I thought it was the other way around. That's the number of to be disconnected before I can get it on wireless phone. This could have be clarified when I talked to the agents a couple times.

The number was disconnected on Jan.04. I checked before posted this discussion and it's still available. The number transfer process does that everytime. I've tried a couple times already. Your help checking would be appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Number transfers can be tricky. If the line was disconnected, there isn't a guarantee that the number will be able to be retrieved. Whether or not you see it as an "available" number. It's available likely on the FiOS side, not the wireless side. We don't have a way to customize number requests either. So if the line is disconnected, and it has been for a while, there likely won't be an option to retrieve that number. I do apologize.

0 Likes
modifies

Isn't this against FCC regulation? That's to keep your number. What if I went to another service carrier and want to transfer my number over?

0 Likes