Problem with cellular signal & data in area
NS116

Hello,

I work on the grounds surrounding the Atlantic City Int'l Airport (ACY) in NJ, and several of my coworkers and I have noticed that the Verizon Wireless signal strength and data transmission has gotten significantly worse over the past 2 years!  Several of us have been continuously testing the download and upload network speeds and average 3 mbps downloading and <1 mbps uploading on LTE.  I'm trying to notify Verizon of this issue because perhaps a tower is down or not functioning properly.  Service is so bad now that my Note 8 jumps from LTE, 3G, 1x, to no signal all day.  This is not happening to just me, but to several of my coworkers.  We work for a large government agency on airport grounds and the surrounding roads are now terrible.  A couple coworkers have made the switch to AT&T because of this issue.  I'd prefer to stay with Verizon, however several coworkers and I are strongly considering the same if things do not change.  I'd be happen to discuss with a Verizon Wireless representative.   Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problem with cellular signal & data in area
christopherm_vzw
Verizon Employee

NS116

Hello NS116,

I know you have a very important job and rely on your service. I would be concerned too if this were happening with my device. The last thing we want is to see you leave our family. Are you doing work outside on the runways or inside the terminals? Do you notice service becomes better in certain locations? Do you see any fluctuations in coverage on busier or slower days?

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NS116

Hello Christopher,

Sorry for my delayed response, I've been out of the state on work travel.

Signal and download/upload rates are very poor outside or in our office building.  This therefore eliminates an issue with the building repeater(s).  AT&T and T-Mobile strength are very acceptable.  Fluctuation in Verizon signal is a non-issue because it is very poor throughout the day, evening, or late at night.  You're probably not familiar with the area, but ACY and its surround grounds are +5000 acres.  The southern area and surround roads (Tilton Rd, Delilah Rd, Westcoat, Amelida Earhart Blvd, etc. get very poor coverage!  Again, overall quality of coverage has progressively gotten worse, and now is unacceptable in my opinion.  I personally think there's an issue with a Tower(s) or aiming of the antenna(s).  Verizon coverage was very good about a year or two ago. 

Again, I'd be happy to discuss.

Thanks

0 Likes
steveng_vzw
Verizon Employee

We know how important it is to get great service where you need it the most, NS116. We do want to help you in any way we can. You are correct that we are not familiar with that area at all. Since we are a nationwide provider we do not concentrate on just certain markets, so we must rely on our customers providing detailed information about their area.

We have sent you a Private Message, since this is something that cannot be addressed in our public Community Forum. We need additional details from you that you would want to keep private. Please respond only to that message going forward.

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TGuffeyII

IDK what happened but I have been getting strong VZN singnal for teh last 2 weeks at the ACY airport (tech center on the air guard side). Its a breath of fresh air. I hope its a new cell tower or something that is not going to change. For teh last 6 years I could barely get a data connection and now its a strong signal. Are any of the people who were experiencing low signal now getting a strong signal?

0 Likes