Problems with Verizon
MikeZap

Good Morning,

I've been with Verizon for almost 10 years on my own plan, and was with them with my parents before that. I'm also Active Duty US Navy. I've been deployed 5 times while i've been with Verizon Wireless, and each time i've deployed i've opted to suspend my service due to deployment. Every time I come back from deployment, I come back to owing Verizon an obnoxious amount of money to reconnect my service, and the hassle of trying to convince them that "I'm deployed and have had no chance to use my service, which is why I suspended my service, but you guys are still charging me tons of monthly fees" isn't even worth it when I can just pay $1,000+ to reconnect my account and not deal with Verizon Wireless' terrible customer support.

Wrapping up my 5th deployment, and i'm trying to get my account straight, and as per usual, they want $1000+ to reconnect my service. I've contacted them ahead of time this time, attempting to get this resolved BEFORE I get back, so I can just have a ready available phone when I return. I've talked to them 3 times about fixing my bill, and each time the response is "Yeah no problem we'll fix it for you!", and each time they do literally nothing. Now i've tried using the chat option today to get it resolved, and I get a "Please wait while connecting you to a live rep." for over an hour, and never getting connected (With computer usage on deployment already hard enough).

I'm trying to weigh my options here, as I simply am not going to pay them $1000+ to reconnect my service again, when i've been gone for the last 8 months on deployment, and have other financial obligations I have to meet when I return. Should I keep trying to convince Verizon that I shouldn't have to pay $100+ a month for my service for the last 8 months, in addition to late fees? My other option is to just completely drop Verizon completely, and (Since I have a Pixel 3, my phone is already compatible with Google Fi service) change service to Google?

Thanks for any tips!

0 Likes
Re: Problems with Verizon
bearone21
Legend

ahould be $10/ month after 90 days free.

call cs, 1-800-922-0204

0 Likes
MikeZap
I can not call customer service as i'm currently deployed and no way of calling. Here is the amounts i've been charged per month, followed by the total amount I owe on the account. Jul-Aug 104.43 1059.60 Jun-Jul 103.00 955.17 May-Jun 99.55 852.17 Apr-May 98.13 752.62 Mar-Apr 96.73 654.49 Feb-Mar 95.34 557.76 Jan-Feb 94.21 462.42
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is there a reason why you couldn't have gotten a military suspension on your Verizon Wireless account? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MikeZap

I did a military suspension on my devices and they're still charging me.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are they billing you for service on other lines besides your line? Do you have device payments active on your account? 

Based on the numbers you provided earlier, did you have an unpaid balance prior to the request for suspension? 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/suspend-service-faqs/#military

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MikeZap

I do have an outstanding balance from January right before I deployed that I wasn't able to pay for I left. But reviewing the charges on my account the main thing i'm getting charged for is "Unlimited talk and text", with both devices showing suspended as they are supposed to be.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Perhaps the unpaid balance prevents the account from being fully suspended. 

0 Likes
MikeZap

If that's the case it should stop you instead of telling you the suspension was a success.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MikeZap, we thank you for your dedication and service to our country. After reviewing your posts, it sounds like the account was not on a Military suspend but perhaps a temporary suspend. When suspending service, did you send your Military Orders in to us? Were all lines on the account placed on suspend?

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes