Problems with e-gift
bluehaven

Sent an e-gift to a Sprint customer but the message they receive is "Multimedia message". I have resent the gift with no luck. How can they redeem the gift because I although I got a confirmation email it did not contain any information that would help them redeem gift?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problems with e-gift
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for the information. I understand your concern bluehaven and we want to make sure we can turn this experience around for you. Does the receipient receive any information or notices about having to download anyting via the MMS message? Have they been able to receive any eGifts from anyone else?

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We love to see our customers using the e-gift feature. We want them to enjoy their gift. In order to assist, I will need to get some information from you. What type of device is the recipient using? Have you sent out e-gift's to others? If so, did they go through?

KatrinaN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bluehaven

The recipient is using a Samsung galaxy S5. I haven't sent egifts before and based on this experience, I won't do it again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information Shonda. My resources indicate that eGifts are compatible with that phone. Were you billed for this eGift already?
Your recipient should get a multimedia messages with a bar code included that can be redeemed for your eGift. See more at under eGift Cards section at this link: http://spr.ly/6585BXeRU

AntonioC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for the information. I understand your concern bluehaven and we want to make sure we can turn this experience around for you. Does the receipient receive any information or notices about having to download anyting via the MMS message? Have they been able to receive any eGifts from anyone else?

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
bluehaven

Thank you everyone for helping. The recipient failed to download the mms message that contained the barcode. I gave her further instructions and the egift was received.

0 Likes
srobinsonj724

Have the same issue sending to a sprint customer. What should she do in order to download the mms message? Also how do you recover a previous egift card sent and not received for the same reason that both the sender and receiver have deleted the mms message. The purchase history only list egift cards purchased and doesn't give you anything usable such as a link or pdf. Doesn't add up since whatever barcode attached to the egift can only be redeemed. Fix this Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get this resolved, srobinsonj724.

What phone(s) do you have? Here is how you can resend e-gift cards on Android:  http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-138244/

Here's how you can send with Apple:  http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-139515/

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
srobinsonj724

Using a Samsung Note 5. Resending is not the problem. The issue is the egift not being received properly. Only a blank message. The other is being billed for a egift card and basically only having one chance to send it to the initial person you were sending it to. Nothing allows you to resend to another receipitant or use the egift yourself. Then there's no refund for issues like this or recovery if you happen to delete the original picture text. Bought a Nordstrom egift, she received the blank message, it gets deleted on this end since the delivered confirmation shows up on the picture message and you're just out of twenty five bucks just like that. No usable file, pdf,  or whatever to ease handling the egift as you wish. Also can't download the barcode on your own end which is crazy. The card can only be used ONCE by whomever. Why is this process an one option zero refund/recovery you're just s.o.l. about your money if things don't work smoothly. Out of fifty dollars and not pleased.

0 Likes
rothlin

I had the same problem yesterday. I purchased an egift, everything looked like it went well on my end, but the receiver got a blank text.  This is ridiculous!  Like you said, I received no confirmation number, link or anything, so I cannot even use it myself. $50.00, and no one on the phone seemed to even understand what I was talking about.  I want my account credited the $50.00. !!!

0 Likes