Problems with new version of Mobile Email
johnnyzero
Enthusiast - Level 3

The new version of Mobile Email that was just released (aka "Mobile Email - Latest Version") caused my LG ENV3 to lose the ability to send picture messages. I believe it has something to do with the app's use of "push" email. It seemed to cause my phone to be constantly sending/receiving data, as evidenced by the little data arrow indicators.

The Verizon tech support rep veriifed that since downloading the app on 12/14, my data useage was off the charts. Good thing I have the unlimited data plan... :smileyhappy:

Once the tech support guy had me remove the app, I was able to send pic msgs again. So I guess it's back to the older Mobile Email version for me - until they fix this bug.

I'm curious if other users have experienced this same problem.

JohnB

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problems with new version of Mobile Email
davezap

The problem I discovered is that the Live Link feature does not work for URL's. From the Verizon instructional PDF on the new email: "If a telephone number, email address, or URL appears in an email message, you can use the live link feature to make a call, send an email message, or open the URL. Use the navigation keys to choose the link that initiates the action you want."  This worked for me on the old mobile email but not the new one. URL's in the new mobile email appear as plain text in the body of the email. I am using an LG ENV3 phone. 

0 Likes
johnnyzero
Enthusiast - Level 3

It sounds like yet another reason to avoid the new version of Mobile Email.

I'm curious: have you also experience the problem described in my original post? I've been going back 'n forth with Verizon about it for the last several days. The tech support rep was able to replicate the problem. He agreed that it looks like the new Mobile Email coninues to monopolize the data connection even after you exit. While he wouldn't acknowledge this as a "bug", he did agree that it was "probably a bad design decision" on the part of the software vendor. Sure seems like a bug to me...

JohnB

0 Likes
davezap

I have not tried to send any picture messages.  I did successfully email a photo as an attachment.  I have another problem now.  I turned off the "push" feature so I could just check mail when I want to.  First I could see the mail in my inbox although the very latest email did not show up.  Now it is showing no email at all even when I tell it to check for new mail.  I'm not impressed.  I'll be staying with the previous version for now.

0 Likes
gti_matt

Just had the same experience as others (this is on a Samsung Alias 2):

1.  New version always seemed to be "connected".  Didn't like that as I have a 25MB limit.

2.  When I replied to emails or send new ones, they sat in the Outbox folder of the account and wouldn't go anywhere.

3.  Couldn't see/change (that I could find) the account settings to verify if they were correct.  Looks like you have to delete the account and set it up again?

4.  Deleting an email didn't delete from server nor did it mark it as read on the server.  Couldn't find any settings to change this.

5.  There's a message limit of 30 days so anything on the server older than 30 days isn't visible.  Terrible!

The promising things were that you could see email attachments (e.g.: a pic) and also attach files where the old OZ mail couldn't do that.  Launching a URL link did work for me too (some of you above said it didn't?)

But it's basically unusable because of these problems (can't send email and not deleting from server means I'll see the same emails when I get home...more work).  I'm uninstalling and setting up OZ again.  It's limited and basically only good for text-only emails w/o attachments but I can live with that.  I don't see how this awful new app from SEVEN got past any functional testing from Verizon unless there simply wasn't any testing.:smileysad:

0 Likes