Promise to pay option
Michele16
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon needs to fix their IVR regarding promise to pay. I had a promise to pay that was due the day prior. I got a text stating that I need to make my payment to avoid services.  I was not in position to go set up payment at that moment( I intended to that evening)  so I it gave me an option to do another promise to pay. So I set it until the next day. It sent me a text back confirming my arrangement.  Within 3 hours my phone was turned off. Verizon informed me that a 2nd promise is not secured. I wish it stated that. Or better yet Verizon shouldn’t allow one to set up another arrangement if it truly isn’t honored. This is very mid-leading and resulted in a $20 charge per line.  Also when I tried to call it wouldn’t let me talk to someone. It kept hanging up on me and only options were to pay. I ended up paying it and then when I called back it let me speak with someone. 

Re: Promise to pay option
TurtleyT
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had Verizon over two years and never was my service interrupted until after my phones had been paid in full. I don't understand why this makes a difference, but apparently it does. I've set up promise to pay twice (before bill was due and chose a date Verizon allowed) and my service was turned off days before the promise to pay date. I even used the Chat feature and was allegedly connected to a real person after their useless chat bot couldn't help. Anyways, the "person" confirmed I was good to go, however my service was "interrupted" two days later and one day before my promise to pay date. Such a disappointment ! I am assuming that Verizon will get their $20 per month one way or another... Meaning my phones were around $40 per month, and have had to pay service restoration fees multiple times. Oh, and the first time this happened, my service was turned off twice in one week.... I paid with debit card (no NSF payment) and service was restored... Made promise to pay immediately after and was literally disconnected 4 days later. I'm just waiting on AT&T or another provider to have a good deal on phones we want and switch!! 

0 Likes
Re: Promise to pay option
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TurtleyT, we're sorry to hear that you were suspended after a promise to pay was set up. We'd love the chance to help make sure everything is OK with your account and we'll send you a Private Note shortly.

~Jesse

0 Likes