Promotion Not Being Honored
Evan8787
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi there,

So a little over a year ago, I upgraded a phone in my account and added a new line using the promotion offered at the time "o Buy one phone, and get one for free". I recently paid off the balance of the phones (buying the phones) and upgraded my lines. I am now being billed for the second phone that was part of the buy one get one. Originally, when I paid off the balance on my account, I intended to cancel my account and move to a new phone carrier, because I have experienced a lot of trouble with Verizon in the past (5+ year customer). I decided to give Verizon another shot and stick with them, and now they are pulling another stunt on me and trying to bill me $300. I am now ready to send back the two phones I upgraded and switch to that new provider if this is not corrected.

Re: Promotion Not Being Honored
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn you are disappointed. Part of the agreement for that free phone is to keep the device on the account for 24 months to receive the monthly credits. That is the only reason this happened. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
Evan8787
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, and that was not specified during the ordering process. That was also a question  I asked a representative before I placed the order. I was told there was no contract or required terms for the promotion

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Evan8787, we want to help in any way possible when it comes to the promotion that took place. Can you please specify which promotion you are using? JoseL_VZW

0 Likes