Protecting My Location Information
CellDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

If I take reasonable precautions to avoid downloading or installing malicious apps or widgets, do I need to worry about allowing Verizon Wireless to collect, use and disclose my location information?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Protecting My Location Information
Not applicable

Thanks to the community for posting. 

@CellDaddy In response to your question about Verizon Wireless collecting, using and disclosing your location information.  Verizon Wireless does not collect that location information based on the apps you download.  I would recommend exercising caution and regard when downloading or installing 3rd party apps. 

If you want to take further steps to protect  the collection of your information, I would call the CPNI (Customer Proprietary Network Information) number.  You can reach CPNI at (800-333-9956).  I hope this helps.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

no, worry about important stuff.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks to the community for posting. 

@CellDaddy In response to your question about Verizon Wireless collecting, using and disclosing your location information.  Verizon Wireless does not collect that location information based on the apps you download.  I would recommend exercising caution and regard when downloading or installing 3rd party apps. 

If you want to take further steps to protect  the collection of your information, I would call the CPNI (Customer Proprietary Network Information) number.  You can reach CPNI at (800-333-9956).  I hope this helps.  Thanks.

0 Likes