Provide User with GPS coordinates of a Misplaced Cell Phone
SED

For a cell phone misplaced in my home, business or in one of my vehicles, it would be very helpful for the user to be provided its GPS coordinates to assist in determining its location.  Or, is that service already available to the user?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Provide User with GPS coordinates of a Misplaced Cell Phone
blamiya1
Contributor - Level 3

At this time we do not have a feature that is designed to locate misplaced phones and its exact location, but we do have something similar to what are inquiring about, which is the family locator. This may interest you if you are on a family plan with multiple lines that you would like to keep track of.

• Family Locator,  is an LBS-enabled service, allows you to locate a family member - day or night.
  • Locate one or all your family members from your computer or device – provides you the much needed peace of mind by keeping you in touch with your family.
  • Know when your family arrives or leaves designated locations – such as school, work or an airport
  • With Family Locator:
    • Get spoken, turn by turn directions to your family member when they are located! (VZ Navigator Capable phone required and charges apply).
    • Receive automatic notifications of family member locations based upon the time of day or specific behaviors - such as getting home or leaving work.
    • Send family text messages either from the Family Locator website or your device.
    • Scheduled Updates delivered at specific dates and times.
    • Enjoy the ease and convenience of the enhanced website including new bird's eye maps, location history and an Arrival & Departure Update creation wizard. 
0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Actually on the Android phones there is this option. There is an app you can download called GPS Tracker. You can track your phone in real time. You can recover lost/stolen phones. This app can be activated remotely with an SMS message. You would have to register though on a site that GPS Tracker providers though. It works though!!

0 Likes
Charlacla

Apple can do it.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Charlacla wrote:

Apple can do it.

so can android, blackberry, and windows. they all can do it and there's a ton of apps that the author of this thread could use. you can also trigger alarms, wipe data, disable, etc, etc, etc.....from a pc, anywhere. i use seek droid.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Now could Apple have have done it TWO years ago when this question was asked?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.