Public IP's with Verizon Home Fusion?
Merlin3100
Enthusiast - Level 2

Public IP's with Verizon Home Fusion?

Does anyone know if the the IP addresses that the Verizon's new home Fusion plans will get are public IP's (75.###.###.##), or are they privet IP's (10.###.###.##) like their 4GLTE air cards and smart phones get?

My reason for asking, I have a CCTV camera system on my farm that I can access remotely over the internet. But only if my home connection is a "public IP" like 75.###.###.## that will let inbound traffic.

Privet IP's like 10.###.###.## will not let inbound traffic in from outside so I would not be able to access my CCTV system.

At this time I have a Verizon 3G air card that still gets the needed public IP that starts with 75.###.###.## that I need to get the remote access to my CCTV system that I need. But I I could get the Home Fusion to work for me it would be better and cheaper.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Public IP's with Verizon Home Fusion?
wrathstorm
Enthusiast - Level 2

My home fusion does have a public IP, but I do not know that you will be able to get to your CCTV through it.

The router is not very user configurable.  Look at other posts by people trying to setup bridging mode, etc.

0 Likes
cjrhea
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, they have public IPs.  I'm on HF now and mine is 166.152.xxx.xxx.  You can configure the system (and supposedly allows port forwarding), but it's not trivial. I'm still trying to get mine working (I have a posting in one of the forums asking about getting it to work).  The issue is the "cantenna" is also an intelligent device. The HF manual is on-line on the Verizon site.

<< Please address any comments regarding moderation to the moderators via DM  >>

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Guys... remove your IP addresses. That's asking for trouble.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

User report posts to the moderators for review. If you read the Terms of Service for this website, you will find, it is the users responsibility to report questionable posts to the Verizon Moderators. The Moderators then review and edit as needed to follow the ToS.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes