Question about new phone on installments & device trade in credits
DanP5

Hello, hopefully I can word this properly:

Long term Verizon customer, multiple lines, no plans of switching. 

Buying a new phone that is $1,000 with a promotion to trade in my previous device for $800, so that ends up to be around $5.55/month for 36 months if all goes well.

My question is:  if this new phone breaks, gets lost or something incredible is released next year, can I buy a new phone on the same line (whether from Vzn or bringing my own device) and simple finish paying the monthly $5.55 for the remainder of the 36 months?

Or the moment that I introduce a new device I would lose the remaining trade in credit and have to pay the remaining balance on the existing device?

Or maybe even pay the remaining balance on the existing device but keep the trade-in credits being applied to the line (and likely new device)?

Thanks in advance!

P.s.: not looking at signing up for their insurance plan

0 Likes
Re: Question about new phone on installments & device trade in credits
DanP5

I just thought of maybe another way to ask this question:

Are the trade-in credits tied to the line or the device?  Hoping it is the line so even if the device does not survive the 36 months the trade-in credits would not be lost.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, there! We always want to make sure you have the proper expectations when it comes to promotional/trade-in credits. With some promotions, you need to have the new device active on the line for a certain amount of days before you can activate a new device on that line. We'd love to look into this for you further. Please send us a Private Note, so we can assist.

*Breanna

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can clarify that for you, DanP5! If the device payment plan ends, the trade-in promotions will also end. For example, if you complete a buyout on the device, you will no longer get promotional trade-in credits. More information is here: http://spr.ly/6606zwuy0;

-Jordan

0 Likes