Question about odering 4g simcard ?
hnguyen48206

Hi everyone ! I'm currently a customer of Verizon wireless. However, i am not the account owner, just part of a family plan. Recently, i just bought a 4g LTE phone on eBay without a pre-installed simcard. My question is can i just come to a Verizon store and order a new simcard without the account owner ? and since it will be my 1st sim card, will i get it free ? Thanks so much.

Note : The account owner of course is a US citizen but i'm just an international student.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Question about odering 4g simcard ?
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi hnguyen48206!

Congratulations on your new 4G device purchase!  I would like to go over options with obtaining a new 4G SIM Card.

Because the 4G SIM Cardcontains account specific information, it would have to be requested by either the account owner or an account manager.  The SIM Card can be obtained in one of our corporate store locations, by ordering online on "My Verizon" or over the phone with one of our Customer Service Representatives.

I hope I have answered your questions, and have addressed your concerns.

AnthonyTa_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hnguyen48206

Thank for your response ! just one more question, if i order online and get the sim by mail, what i have to do next, should i active it first then put it in the phone to active the phone or just put it right away to the phone and active both of them at the same time ? the phone model is samsung droid charge.

0 Likes
LatachaM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello hnguyen48206,

When you receive your SIM card you would need to follow the instructions below:

• Call the toll-free ESC IVR (Electronic Signature Capture Interactive Voice Response system) number printed on the Activation Guide. 
  • Insert the new SIM into existing device, and power on to complete the SIM OTA (Over the Air) activation. 
  • After an activation of a new SIM, the original SIM retires permanently and can never be reactivated.

Thanks,

LatachaM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes