Racist Customer Service
MYEKIM31

I’ve been in Verizon for almost a year. We went to the one in the Old Road, Stevenson Ranch. Our family joined Verizon because they had a nice staffs and they were willing to help us through. I don’t know what happened to those staffs.... but when I had a trouble with my phone and went in this week, one of the guy named [removed], didn’t help at all. I explained to Jeff that, I purchased my phone recently (iphone 😎 and one of the guy recommended me a case and told me it supports the phone very nicely so I should purchase one. So I bought the case that was like $33. On friday of this week I accidentally dropped it on the floor, from a sofa that’s not even that high up from the ground, when it landed on the floor it cracked the back glass even though I had case on. Jeff said he can’t do anything about that and told me I should go to Apple store cause it wasn’t their business. I asked them if there was anything they can do for me, cause I even have insurance with them, he said I had an insurance but he can’t do anything for me and I should go to other store to fix it. He said he’ll do refund just for my case. Okay.. so I went to Apple for that and of course I have to pay 400 over there. So I ended up keeping my phone. When I came back from store and waited for the money to come back in (since I returned the case). I waited two days for that and I didn’t receive a refund. So I went back in today with my mom to the store and talked to them again about the situation and the manager came out with annoyed face asking me what do I want from them.. she said I had an insurance and had to pay 200 for new phone. If I knew that from the beginning I would have paid the money. I told her that last time I came in, the worker didn’t even told me about this plan and that he was getting annoyed with me and told me to go to the Apple store. The manager said “oh I don’t know why he would say that cause you have insurance.” I got frustrated by that, so I told them I don’t even want a new phone from you guys just give me the money for the case. While the manager was doing that Jeff came out and I told her it was that guy who was being rude and didn’t help at all last time. She completely ignored my comment and said well we can’t do anything sorry. That’s when my mom got mad and she went to him and asked his name and he was mocking my mom by laughing at her face and ignoring her because she couldn’t speak English very well. That’s when I knew that he was being racist. He was only nice to other people like the white people! and we were Asians. We were so hurt by that because being racist is very disrespectful to any race. He kept laughing at us and making faces so my mom asked him why he was laughing at her and he just looked at her like she was stupid or something and said why can’t I? And then! one of the staff and the manager came to us and said you guys have to leave the store because my mom was “yelling” at him. My mom wasn’t even yelling at him at first but as he was insulting her she did, she just said why are you laughing at me, and cause she did that they kicked us out of the store and closed the door behind us... They didn’t even say sorry for what they have done. I really wanted to keep Verizon for a long time but from this racism, we are thinking of changing it to T mobile or Sprint. Why should we pay 500 a month to people who hurt us emotionally and mentally.

Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
0 Likes