Random apps downloaded to Android Samsung S7
Ryan_Benedict
Enthusiast - Level 1

Today I had 2 random apps download to my Samsung S7 phone via Verizon App Manager.  The two apps were Popeye's (the fast-food chain's app) and Cube Cube (a game app).  I didn't authroize these two apps to download and they downloaded at the same time.

I always download apps through Google Play, never through the Verizon App Manager.  So I have no idea why these apps would have downloaded.

Would Verizon randomly force an upload of apps to my phone?

Re: Random apps downloaded to Android Samsung S7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ryan_Benedict, we can certainly understand your concern with receiving application downloads to your device without your permission as I would be alarmed as well. No need to worry as we are here to help. Rest assured, we never force an application to download on your device as this would need to be approved by you first. Has this ever happened to you in the past? Have you ever downloaded these applications on your device before or on previous devices that you may have deleted? 

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
JJSCHIES
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Note 9 and over the last several months I have uninstalled this pop eyes app many times. Every time I remove it few days later the thing installs. I never once gave this stupid app permission to be placed on my phone. I called tech support they know nothing about it. It does show that it was installed by Verizon App Manager. I have since disabled this Verizon App Manager and removed all permissions so that it cannot install anything on my phone. Its frustrating that Verizon would install this "bloat ware" on my phone and never once asked for my permission. Its clear that Verizon was paid a lot of money from pop eyes to install this app on phones, my guess is that I live a few blocks away from a pop eyes so it appears your company has taken my GPS and installed this garbage just to up-sell me on something. I personally feel this was a violation of my privacy.  I'll be looking into other phone carriers as a result in this unethical behavior.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the concern over that app you've had difficulty with removing, JJSCHIES. I know this situation has been a difficult one and we would certainly never want you to leave the Verizon family due to this. Let's figure this out. To clarify, are there any operating system updates available for the phone? Here's how to check: http://spr.ly/6601GeENd Here is the process for deleting apps: http://spr.ly/6602GeENe Is this how you are trying to removing the app? Are you referring to a "Pop Eyes" app or a "Popeyes" (the restaurant) app? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
ebastman

Why is Word Trip downloading on my phone from the Verizon app manager, I did not do this?

0 Likes
AlexNC
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same. A game named Word Trip downloaded to our android. Worrisome that it’s random apps. 

0 Likes
AlexNC
Enthusiast - Level 1

It bothers me when multiple customers have the same issue, but support just wants to blame the customers. Like everyone made the same error at the same time. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ebastman! Sorry to hear about your troubles with your phone applications.  We are happy to help check into this matter for you.  We will send you a private message, please respond when you receive this message.  Thank you.  ~Louis

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us here in Social Media Chat. Please send a private message so we can assist you further.    *Mabell

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please, PM us, so we can further assist you with your concern.   *Mabell

0 Likes