Re: 1.454 GB of data used in one day?
ksearfos

I have had this happen several times, and in each case, I went through about 1 GB of data in under 30 minutes (sometimes more).  I don't stream anything other than audiobooks or radio without wifi, and in the last case (yesterday), my phone was indoors and connected to wifi (or so I think) other than the 20 minutes I was outside in the morning.  This is now the 3rd or 4th time this has happened in a year.  Each time I basically turn data off for everything, and slowly allow data back to apps.  And each time, it has happened after I had already been using these apps, in comparable amounts, every day for awhile with no data surges.  Then one day, BOOM!

Glancing at my usage for this period, it shows activity I can't even place, like 12% video.  I don't stream video on my phone.  I'm not sure where a lot of this usage is even coming from.  I have a lot of things just plain turned off for data, and yet, this keeps happening, always with an app that I have been using frequently with no issues until... not.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you allow videos to automatically play on Facebook or other web sites? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concerns, ksearfos. Have you downloaded any new applications recently? -Cecile_VZW

0 Likes
ksearfos

I am not active on social media and given our limited data plan, I will only play videos on wifi.  So no.  No videos.  None whatsoever.  Just audiobooks and radio, and occasionally Google Maps or a quick email check.

0 Likes
ksearfos

No, and even if I had, I did not download new apps the last few times it happened either.  Plus I checked my data usage and none of it came from apps downloaded in the past 6 months.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ksearfos, I appreciate you sharing some of your data usage habits, and what you use your phone for during the day. To get more details, how do you monitor your data usage? How did you determine that you used 1.45GB in such a short time? 

JohnT_VZW

0 Likes