Re: From 5 bars to 1 bar in my house!
Parev
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just switched from ATT and I am only getting one bar at home.  So many dropped calls, its embarrassing.  Never had this problem with ATT.  Called store where I signed up.  They didnt give me any answers and just said we have good service in our town.  Need some answers.  What should I do?? Very frustrated!! Verizon Please help!

cvsnow
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was with Verizon for 20 years and went with someone else because of a better price. I just came back 5 days ago and I have one bar in my house. I've had some other problems too. If this is the reception I'm going to get when I'm at home I'm going to have to seriously consider another carrier

susanlbak
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the exact same issues with my Iphone X.   Mine has one bar (maybe) and had always had 5 in the past.  Doesn't matter if I'm home or out of state or country.  Same thing! I called Verizon and they said all looks good. SOMETHING happened! I use my phone for my work and if it doesn't change, I'm switching to another provider and a different phone BOTH! I have had Verizon for 30 years, but my loyalty will end if they don't step up and take care of the problem!!!  #Verizon #Apple 

Tags (2)
Homeskillet

This topic all depends on which carrier offers the lowest frequency band in your particular city. Lower frequencies penetrate buildings better. Trouble is, each carrier uses several different frequency bands, and not all of them are deployed in each city.  Also, each phone accepts only some of those bands depending on the model.  So you'll need to do some research to find out what's going on in your specific city and phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

susanlbak, we appreciate your longtime patronage and loyalty. It's important to us that our services and your device is always working properly. There isn't a standard unit of measurement for the number of bars displayed on your phone. Since different device models have varying antennas and radios within them, each radio will be different. Accordingly, the bars is simply how the phone is able to report back to the base station. You can have full bars but experience slow signal when a tower is congested or at capacity. Currently, I'm getting one bar of service on my iPhone but 3 bars on my Android device although there is a service tower less than an eight of a mile away. The service itself on my iPhone however is just fine and calls, texts and data (with over 70Kbps download and 30Kbps upload speeds while the speeds are slightly less on my Android device receiving more bars) are working without issue. In few instances (but certainly not uncommon behavior to occur), the bars shown can also change as a result of a software update received on the phone as it may have altered the antenna reporting and can subsequently alter phone performance. The latter will typically impact the phone wherever it's used and can typically be resolved by resetting the device. Do others with Verizon have the same experience in your home? What actual service impacts are being experienced? 

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
galwayam
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has this issue been resolved? I just moved to a building in Jersey and my phone has 1 bar of service sitting at the window and often cuts out. I use it for work so this is a big issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have reliable service, especially at home. There can be many factors as to why a signal would change over time. While factors like new construction & foliage can affect it, other factors can be traffic hitting the towers, the distance of towers, which tower your device is picking up (if several towers near you), etc. Do others with Verizon have the same experience in your home? What actual service impacts are being experienced? What make and model phone do you have with us? 

TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes
Re: From 4 bars to 1 bar in my house!
1klmckean

I having the same issue with my Verizon service, (43119 zip code).  I used to get 4-5 bars and now I get one if I'm lucky.  To receive a call I have to go outside my home which is very inconvenient, and then only get 2 bars.  

Have been a Verizon customer for several years and am ready to switch to another carrier. I have already done some research and am ready to bail.

My device is not the issue, it's something that's happened with Verizon's service.  My spouse who uses consumer cellular has 4 bars consistently in our home and never has trouble with calls and he is using an old iPhone 5s.

0 Likes
Re: From 4 bars to 1 bar in my house!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be sad if you left the family. My phone is my lifeline, I rely on it all day long. I'm sorry to learn of any issues. I am sure I can help and get to the bottom of this. Is anyone else having this issue? Can you tell me if this only happens indoors?  Did this just start? AmberF_VZW

0 Likes