Re: I'm accruing data usage when I'm connected to wifi
Trhh

Yes this is happening to me as well. I’m on my fiancé’s business plan I work from hoke I’m always connected to our wifi at home but last month I kept seeing my iPhone switch between Verizon wireless next to the  wifi symbol and VZW wifi and i was still connected to our WiFi at home I ah e screenshots to prove it and Verizon is saying I used up 80% of my fiancé’s business data last month.       That’s a lie and I can prove it.  My wifi was never out here at home and my screen shots clearly show Verizon switching over to use data while I was still connected to my internet service at home .  My daughter goes to school 100% online as well and she could use her laptop daily be Jase our internet never was out so what’s with all the illegal false data charges  

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@Trhh wrote:

Yes this is happening to me as well. I’m on my fiancé’s business plan I work from hoke I’m always connected to our wifi at home but last month I kept seeing my iPhone switch between Verizon wireless next to the  wifi symbol and VZW wifi and i was still connected to our WiFi at home I ah e screenshots to prove it and Verizon is saying I used up 80% of my fiancé’s business data last month.       That’s a lie and I can prove it.  My wifi was never out here at home and my screen shots clearly show Verizon switching over to use data while I was still connected to my internet service at home .  My daughter goes to school 100% online as well and she could use her laptop daily be Jase our internet never was out so what’s with all the illegal false data charges  

Could you read your own post again? You said you can see your phone switch between Verizon Wireless and Wi-Fi. This is the function of your phone, not the home internet or the cellular service.  
  Again, YOUR PHONE did this.  

If you want to restrict your phone or some applications to use Wi-Fi only, then go into settings on your phone and turn off cellular access. You can turn off all cellular access while you are connected to Wi-Fi, or you can turn off individual apps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What is the make and model of your device? EstevanC_VZW

0 Likes