Re: LIRR Cell service
BsrLIRR

It has been several years and we have seen no improvement whatsoever in service on the Long Island railroad route from Jamaica Station to Penn Station.  

Given how populated this corridor is, I would expect Verizon to care about service there.  

To reiterate my previous message on this topic , phones show 5G and 3 bars but you get no or very limited data.  This affects all phones, not just mine.  It has been like this for years.  

Is Verizon ever going to address it?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, BsrLIRR. We want to ensure you receive the assistance you need to resolve this issue. We have send you a Private Note to assist you further. 

*Cassie

0 Likes
McSweede
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just went searching for info about VZW and LIRR and came across numerous threads about it.  Dating back 5 years!!!!  I've been commuting now since 2019 and the service has only gotten worse.  I will compare Verizon Wiresless now to the same abysmal service as ATT.  Stop with the form replies and private messages and get it fixed already!!!!  In addition to nonexistant date, just had 3 dropped calls on the train.  Absolutely garbage service I am paying a fortune for.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out! There may be challenges with signal on trains due to several reasons. First, the train car itself acts as a faraday cage, and blocks radio waves. Also, when the train is moving through high speeds through rural areas, reliable signal may not be received. This is true with any cell carrier you may have. 

How is your service when you are not on a train? Where are you located (zip code)?

-Gina

0 Likes
McSweede
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in Port Jefferson Station.  Service over the years has steadily declined overall on Long Island for sure.  Verizon used to have far better service than it does now.  I've been a customer for over 25 years.  Even on the trains it used to be much better, so not sure how much I am buying that excuse.  Also, the Port Jeff line is far from high speed, so again not really buying that either.  I hate when a company can't admit to issues and just blames everything else possible.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of having the best service available to you, McSweede. We want to dig into this further. Please send us a Private Note, so we can assist. 

*Rebecca

0 Likes